AUSSIE RULES

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Slattery

Re: AUSSIE RULES

Post by Slattery »

Season only lasted ONE round and was postponed :-(
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Slattery:

In addition to wishing all Linksters health during the next-however long it to find a cure, I also just learned of Cyclone Harold. It appears to be moving away from Vanuato, although it appears to have wreaked havoc. I hoe the east coast of Australia avoided any damage-it looked like Brisbane wasn't too far away.
Our prayers to everybody from here on Vancouver Island. We had managed to avoid the virus until recently-but every time a ferry brought people from Vancouver....
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

Yes mate, Harold didn't make it to Australia. Unfortunately it looks like Vanuatu and Fiji were hit hard :nono:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've been following my Bombers as they defy the odds despite injuries and a quarantine...
...but where the heck did St. Kilda come from???
...and yes I know that they come from Melbourne...😁
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi AJ

It's 9:30 AM here on the island but at 2:00 AM out here (5:00 Am in the east) the Bombers are playing Sun Coast-and the game will be televised on TSN (Canada's answer to ESPN). They've been showing a lot of Aussie Rules-and Korean baseball-at what we would consider "odd hours"-but you would consider "Prime Time" :naughty:
Anyway there'll be lots of coffee consumed tonight...or tomorrow morning! :smile:

Watch the Bombers fly up...🤗 :thumbup:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Jimbo wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 pm Hi AJ

It's 9:30 AM here on the island but at 2:00 AM out here (5:00 Am in the east) the Bombers are playing Sun Coast-and the game will be televised on TSN (Canada's answer to ESPN). They've been showing a lot of Aussie Rules-and Korean baseball-at what we would consider "odd hours"-but you would consider "Prime Time" :naughty:
Anyway there'll be lots of coffee consumed tonight...or tomorrow morning! :smile:

Watch the Bombers fly up...🤗 :thumbup:
I'm afraid we get far too much Aussie rules on TV here for my taste. Far, far too much, and not enough REAL rugby, which as anyone knows is Rugby Union. :thumbup: And being a Kiwi (even though I live in Australia) that is what I prefer to watch. Unfortunately, I don't get much of a chance as it just doesn't make prime time here, and being a Crusaders fan ( the rugby team from Canterbury) I am reduced to reading their results in the NZ news.

Last time I saw the world's best rugby team play (and naturally I'm talking about the All Blacks, I had to skype my mate back in NZ, who propped up his iPad in front of the TV for me, so I could watch the live game. Quality wasn't great, but it was better than nothing. :clapping:

Cheers, AJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's 2 AM Saturday morning here on Vancouver Island...I'm not a fan of either team...but the Grand Final is on...and one player has been carried off already. :fear:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Looks like my Bombers had their way with St. Kilda last night! Things are starting to look up.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

How bad is Hawthorn???
I've never seen a team go a quarter being shutout!😳
Slattery

Post by Slattery »

It looks like the tigers golden era of 3 premierships in the last 4 seasons may be over, being flogged by the saints last night!