Hey Sage! FPS!

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Still Linksing

Hey Sage! FPS!

Post by Still Linksing »

I started a separate thread or the course mafia will have my head if I bring this stuff up in the course thread. :laugh:

I'm playing Last Light, the Metro 2033 sequel and really enjoying it.
If you do get the Metro series, you may look to play the original versions of the games first and not the redux versions.
I read they have changed the redux version of 2033 quite a lot and made it more like Last Light. I haven't played either redux yet (2033 or Last Light) but after reading the changes kind of glad I'm playing both the original games first. Just letting you know as you may want to consider the originals before going straight for the redux versions.

No One Lives Forever is still the best FPS ever made imo. Don't think anything will ever beat Cate Archer! :thumbup: :clapping:
aka ....
sagevanni

Re: Hey Sage! FPS!

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks Still,
Good advice..........I like originals a lot better.......
I can say without a doubt "Far Cry" is my favorite of all time. Only because it was a 1st of it's kind.

Sage....... :cheers1:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

sagevanni wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:50 am I can say without a doubt "Far Cry" is my favorite of all time. Only because it was a 1st of it's kind.
That's another one like Links LS that's best to go on an old PC. I have it installed on Win XP. Will play it again.
Far Cry 2 is on the play list as well. Never played it and I know Danny is a big fan.
aka ....
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I still play Unreal Tournament 1999 GOTY version (with the CHAOS mods), even though I have all the later versions. I re-designed two of the levels to play exactly how I wanted them, and even though the gameplay seems very "retro" now, I still enjoy playing it.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I've been thru Far Cry 2, 5 times total. I've played each skill level. All of them are do-able. It's one of my all time favorite 1st person shooters. One of the reasons I like it is because it's realistic, meaning what you see and do is believable IRL. There are a lot of vehicles to drive, like Jeeps, gun trucks, swamp boats, dune buggies, and an occasional Hang Glider just to name a few. There are no monsters to defeat or fight, only other people. I've only played it alone and offline. I don't play shooters online. The only online gaming I do is Links and Virtual Pool. Haven't done either for a couple of years. For anyone that likes 1st person shooters, I highly recommend Far Cry 2. The graphics are amazing and the whole screen is alive and realistic. It also changes from day and night. The sun moves across the sky and rises and sets like real life, which causes the environment to change. It sometimes rains, and the winds kick up now and then. Periodically you have to sleep. If you want to complete a mission during night hours, you can adjust your sleeping time and wake up at any hour you want. I've played many shooters in the past, but this one is on the top of my list of favorites.

Here's a peek at what it looks like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6KRiAZvj8I

Dan :cheers1:
Know how to conquer sand my friend? It only takes a minute. Do this and all your woes will end. Don't put your golf ball in it.