FORMULA ONE

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

FORMULA ONE

Post by Jimbo »

Call my a killjoy but I've been following motor racing since the days of the late Jimmy Clark. Today's Portuguese GP was one of the least interesting that I've ever seen.
JimEvers37

Re: FORMULA ONE

Post by JimEvers37 »

Gee thanks Jimbo!! I was planning to watch the replay on ESPN tonight after the Indycar race in Texas. Next time put Spoiler Alert before your comment! LOL!

Honestly, just kidding Jimbo, didn't get to watch the race this morning but unfortunately F1 and Indycar races can be dull affairs.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

At least I didn't tell you who won...
...I'll give you three guesses... :rofl:

We didn't get the Indy races on TV this week. I still support the mayor of Hinchtown...although I think his career is moving toward the broadcast booth...speaking of which it sure looks like Paul Tracy has been eating well. If it wasn't for the voice I wouldn't have recognized him!!!
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

With F1 you just pick a Mercedes, usually Hamilton or Bottas but this year Red Bull has been surprisingly fast. Does Ferrari still field cars in F1?

Wish the Haas team could get it figured out, usually they don't make it out of P1.

What do you think of the new qualification sprint races they are going to do at three tracks?

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

As for the new QUALIFYING, anything to make it interesting-the pre and post race shows are a joke...trying to make people believe that the race will be exciting. The only potential excitement is ifirst lap multi-car pileup...after that...same old same old ..
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

well indycar and nascar exist so theres that :D
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I record every race, but rarely watch them since it's usually just another Mercedes show. Not much competition to watch. And I certainly don't want to watch people drive in circles! :rofl:

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Monaco wasn't quite as boring as the others so far. I've visited Monaco and walked the course. I can hardly imagine driving the streets at normal speed!
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Was disappointed that the Monaco race moved from its traditional placement with the Indy 500 and Charlotte 600 (don't know what the actual race is called this year but that's how I refer to most of them), was always great to wake up and watch Monaco, come home from church and watch Indy and at supper watch the Charlotte race, a great tripleheader of racing.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Likewise!