WORLC CURLING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

WORLC CURLING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by Jimbo »

I never thought I'd say it but between TSN covering Team Canada and dueling webcasts on Youtube we may have reached the point where there's too much curling! :scared: :scared:
FOOOOORE!

Re: WORLC CURLING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I like to think of curling as either the reason hockey was invented, or Block Buster ran out of videos of paint drying.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

When I think of "curling", there's always a beautiful young lady involved. :whistle:
Know how to conquer sand my friend? It only takes a minute. Do this and all your woes will end. Don't put your golf ball in it.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Then you'll be happy to know that the pro tour starts today.😁
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

No such thing as too much curling on TV. The problem is being spoiled by CBC and TSN coverage and then having to listen to an American announcer on NBCSN who feels the need to explain the rules every end (like they change or something!). It does help to have Kevin Martin and Mike Harris to explain strategy but for crying out loud can they get them a telestrator so they can better illustrate what they are talking about! I have enjoyed the Scotties and Brier on ESPN3 the last few years carrying the TSN coverage.

Jim Evers
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Jim-you are a true friend! :thumbup:
BTW-a small upset in the women's first round Scotland's Eve Muirhead (now sporting glasses) defeated Sweden's Anna Hasselborg 6-5 and a couple of female skips have returned to the ice only a couple of months after giving birth-including Rachel Homan. She lost her opener in a rematch of the Scotties final to Kerri Einarson.
BTW, no American rinks here. We have Swedes, Swiss, Russians, Scots, Japanese and lots of Canucks.
My mistake-Tabitha Peterson, US Women's champion is there...I wonder if she gets quarantine credit?
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I enjoyed watching the YouTube curling streams along with the action on NBCSN but was disappointed that I couldn't find what channel Sunday's playoff game between the US and Switzerland was on until the 8th end (have to admit didn't look too hard as I was watching the Masters). The Live Streams were kind of hit and miss as early in the competition one of them I watched had technical issues and spent three ends watching from what looked like a surveillance camera. Was sad that the Swiss defeated the Americans and that the Canadians got eliminated early too. I'll miss it until next season. I do have a curling app on my iPad that will get me through. One of these years I'm going to visit the curling club in my area and possibly take the beginner course to learn how to and actually curl.

Jim
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The Sunday morning draw of the Women's World Championships was postponed after one or more members of the broadcast crews tested positive. Play has resumed this afternoon with no broadcast. The US is playing Canada...they've completed 4 ends but that's all I'll say for now. :fear:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

SPOILER ALERT!

Ready?

The US just beat Canada 7-6 and Canada is in danger of missing the playoffs.
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Jimbo,

I was hoping to watch this match but with no broadcast the NBC Olympics channel didn't show it :( Since I live in the US I couldn't watch it on the Curling TV YouTube feed.

Don't know what I'm more shocked to see, that the US beat Canada or that Canada only has one win in five games.

Jim