LIV

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Re: LIV

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duck Hook wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 10:02 am I can stream all tournaments for free through seven+ here in Australia. Is Liv golf + not available to you for this tournament?
I did a bit of searching on this, and it appears I need an app to watch this on an Android phone (doable, but I don't really want to watch golf on a tiny screen, especially with one eye :p ) or I need a smart TV, which I don't have. I'll look for other solutions. This one will be way out of our time zones BTW, so may not be worthwhile.

After looking a bit further, it seems I can watch this with Windows on a laptop, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks!

https://7plus.com.au/liv-golf
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I see pgatour.com carefully avoided mentioning the "L" word. Well done, Koepka! (Did Woods say he wouldn't play? He mentioned earlier in the season he would play all four majors.)
dko

Post by dko »

Woods had surgery not so long ago and withdrew from the PGA, and today the US Open.
Doug
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Brooks made a quick trip back to Florida for tonight's NHL Stanley Cup semi-final game between the Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes (Panthers won 1-nil). :naughty:

For those who have never attended a Panther game (and when I saw the Sabres play there several years ago the place was virtually empty), either there a lot of new fans in South Florida or they did a massive job of "papering" the house-I'm inclined to believe the former now.

For those who have attended a Panther game (and I'm pretty sure that's none of you), the arena is in a mythical place called "Sunrise". It's about as far from Miami (the usual place where South Floridians live) and Ft. Lauderdale (the other place where South Floridians live) as Seattle is from Tacoma...in other words you have to leave very early and you'll get home very late. Fans of the Ottawa Senators (who have suddenly attracted some interesting new investors) love to complain about how far away from downtown Ottawa (especially in winter) the CT Centre is. I used to live there and can appreciate their complaints BUT a trip to a Panther game would change their opinions PDQ!

Sorry to get off-topic but the announcers made a big deal about it and as winner of a major championship it's very likely that he would be spending a good part of Monday doing what major winners do, as far as interviews, etc. Unless he had a private jet it would be quite an adventure making the opening faceoff. Neither Rochester nor Buffalo have direct flights (you have to change planes in Atlanta) and the Miami airport is...well I've already commented on the commute to that mythical place called "Sunrise"> :rofl:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

dko wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 5:29 am Woods had surgery not so long ago and withdrew from the PGA, and today the US Open.
Thanks for the info. Too bad, I think it's really over for him. Back in 2000, I had him pegged for 125 wins, 25 majors. But then "life" happened.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I did see parts of that game, and was surprised at the number of empty seats. Are the missing people Habs fans? This one is all but over, and of course the obvious reason ("we won't use that as an excuse") is the Canes' injured goal scorers. Montreal was wise to get rid of Packereddy, soon to be known as Porceletti. And no, we do not want Matthews, Marner, or Nylander; we just couldn't handle all that sandpaper :tongue: Brind'Amour looks good enough to suit up and play, I'm sure he's thinking that.
badgolfer1

Post by badgolfer1 »

From what seeing on news now---Men's pro golf has just GONE TO HELL.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

:wallbash: :surrender:
It will be interesting to see how the PGA tour players who turned down a huge LIV paycheck to stay with the PGA react. Feel free to speak up Rory!
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I mean, everyone knew along that this past year was a joke and everything being about the power and money rather than any type of morals or ideals, but for the PGA to actually cement it as such and try to pretend like nothing... what an enormously embarrassing page for the history books lmfao. Especially since it sounds like the players didnt even have a say in this decision. Oh well, at least I imagine this is probably the only reasonable thing to do in order for things to get better from here on out. I mean, surely it cant get worse than what its been like this past year? Right? Hopefully...?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Every player who stayed loyal should
1. File a class-action lawsuit for money forfeited-and on behalf of the victims of 9/11
2. Immediately walk off the job (I know the Canadian Open is this week but principal should come first)...anyway the US Open is next week.

I'd really like to know what Jim Nantz thinks, wouldn't you?

I used to be a big baseball fan. I was there on Day 2 of the Toronto Blue Jays. (their first ever loss🤢). I took a road trip to see them in New York and Boston. Of course who could forget Joe Carter in 1993.

I haven't watched or listened to a baseball game since 1994. I consider myself to be a pretty good follower of sports (according to my wife😄). I have no idea who won the World Seiies and can't name a single member of the Blue Jays...and I'm just fine, thank you!
I'm now reconsidering professional golf (maybe not the LPGA but...)

Anyway as I said Jim should have some interesting things to say. He had "retired" from CBS Sports EXCEPT FOR GOLF (no more NFL games in Buffalo). I wonder what he'll do now-hopefully he'll be at the Canadian Open-there's no snow in Toronto...for now!😄
Last edited by Jimbo on June 6th, 2023, 11:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.