HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY PLAYER

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Jimbo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY PLAYER

Post by Jimbo »

If I was in the same shape he is at my age I'd die with a smile on my face! :rofl:
migolfer

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY PLAYER

Post by migolfer »

It depends on how much exercise you would be willing to do over many, many years. If you do enough for long enough, you can be like him.

https://myworkoutathome.com/gary-player-fitness/

Jack LaLanne (lived to 96) is envied by everyone too, but most people (including myself) would be unwilling to go through such grueling routines day after day, year after year. Gary wasn't at his level of fitness, but I'm sure his exercise regimen would be beyond what most of us would care to do.

https://www.drworkout.fitness/jack-lala ... t-routine/
FOOOOORE!

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY PLAYER

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I have exercised my butt off over the years, not constantly, but enough that at age 61 I could easily run to the grocery store 1/2 mile away, granny-cart in tow. At one point I had done dumbbell exercises every day for 16 months, doing double if I had to miss a day. What you cannot predict is something like a stroke. I never would have dreamed that one day I suddenly wouldn't be able to walk, it seems impossible even now. All I can say is, never take your good health for granted because literally anything can suddenly happen. As for Player, never liked the guy from Day One, preachy nutbar in my opinion. He reminds me of all the little guys I've known over the years, trying to compensate for small stature by being in your face all the time, like the smaller kids in school who tried to pick a fight with me, and then you'd be called a "bully" once you'd beech-slapped them.