Skylink Internet...

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
Danny D

Skylink Internet...

Post by Danny D »

Hi group...

Does anyone here use Elon Musk's Skylink Internet Service yet? If so, what's your opinion?

I noticed it's in my home state of Missouri now, and they are signing people up for use when it becomes available in their area. It should be fully available here before the end of the year (they said). I went ahead and applied and paid them a 99 dollar earnest fee to get in line for it. They will send me the equipment when the service is ready to use. :kicking:

Kinda looking forward to it. The fastest unlimited service I can get now in my area is 12 MBPS, when it's actually working right. It has been acting up for a couple of months, and all I've been getting is 3 MBPS. :rant: I'm not real pleased about that, considering I pay them 90 dollars a month for that.
I live in a rural area out of town, and the only service available is either WiFi, or a satellite dish.

Dan
Know how to conquer sand my friend? It only takes a minute. Do this and all your woes will end. Don't put your golf ball in it.
pmgolf

Re: Skylink Internet...

Post by pmgolf »

Hi, Dan! I just tested my internet connection, and I get 430 mbps (Comcast cable TV connection). I used to get the connection speed you now have before cable tv came out to my area. I don't know about Skylink, but it's about time somebody started getting broadband out to everyone. The rural areas in Virginia are in the same shape as what you have in Missouri.

Pete
Danny D

Re: Skylink Internet...

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:04 am Hi, Dan! I just tested my internet connection, and I get 430 mbps (Comcast cable TV connection). I used to get the connection speed you now have before cable tv came out to my area. I don't know about Skylink, but it's about time somebody started getting broadband out to everyone. The rural areas in Virginia are in the same shape as what you have in Missouri.

Pete
If you've never seen Skylink, check it out. It's truly amazing how they can blanket most of Planet Earth with high-speed internet service. Their end goal is to put up 42000 low orbit satellites. I think there's 14000 up there now, and even that many covers a lot of the major countries. If you've not seen it, check it out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8JUYU9MoWY

Dan
Know how to conquer sand my friend? It only takes a minute. Do this and all your woes will end. Don't put your golf ball in it.