FORMULA ONE

Enough of the golf talk! Use this forum for other topics but no religion or politics.
woody4077

Re: FORMULA ONE

Post by woody4077 »

JimEvers37 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:36 am Was disappointed that the Monaco race moved from its traditional placement with the Indy 500 and Charlotte 600 (don't know what the actual race is called this year but that's how I refer to most of them), was always great to wake up and watch Monaco, come home from church and watch Indy and at supper watch the Charlotte race, a great tripleheader of racing.

Jim
i believe the race is called "the coke a cola 600" but i'm not certain on that.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Finally an interesting race! Let's keep those Pirelli tires!
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

Yes, very interesting race as you don't often get red flags in Formula One. Always love the tight street courses like Azerbaijan, Monaco, Abu Dhabi where you almost always get a full course yellow. Was shocked to see Verstappen crash out while in the lead and even more shocked when Hamilton wasn't able to capitalize and finished out of the points. Wish the Haas team could figure things out, would love an American team to be able to successfully race over there.

Also surprised how the different series try to help influence the racing. Nascar throws a yellow flag to get the field grouped back up. Indycar has the Push To Pass button to help facilitate passing. Formula One uses the DRS to help allow the chasing car to get the speed to make a pass.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

When I saw my fellow Canuck hit the wall I was thinking "There goes Lance again"...but when Verstappan's left rear did the same thing I felt a little better. It looks like the "James Bond" team is starting to find itself.
Let's leave the Pirelli tires alone-it makes things a lot more "interesting"! :rofl: