Strange happenings here

If you have issues accessing any part of Links Corner this is the forum for you.
pmgolf

Strange happenings here

Post by pmgolf »

When I click to go to the Forum, it immediately takes me to a full page ad for something. I waited to see if it was then going to take me to the Forum but it just sat there. I back-arrowed to the courses page and clicked the Forum again. It took me there but signed me out. I had to resign on and come back to the Forum. This has happened four or five times over the last 2 days. Is something going on, Andy?

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Strange happenings here

Post by Andy »

pmgolf wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 12:08 am When I click to go to the Forum, it immediately takes me to a full page ad for something. I waited to see if it was then going to take me to the Forum but it just sat there. I back-arrowed to the courses page and clicked the Forum again. It took me there but signed me out. I had to resign on and come back to the Forum. This has happened four or five times over the last 2 days. Is something going on, Andy?

Pete
I've changed nothing here. Perhaps Google AdSense was having a bad day. :dunno:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

It happened again - just now. Signed me out when I paged back to get out of the ad. Google AdSense is exceeding their bounds big time! I seriously doubt if they are supposed to take over the web site!

All I did after going to the site was click on "Forum".

Pete
loner
Site Admin

Post by loner »

It could be a browser hijack caused by Malware.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_hijacking

I would run your anti-virus and https://www.malwarebytes.com/ to see if they could find the problem.
You could delete the browser and then download a new one.

Just guessing but I hope it works.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

I often get a full screen ad on my phone I have to close out to see the site. Doesn’t log me out though and I’ve never deleted my cookies as this might get rid of it.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

pmgolf wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:43 pm It happened again - just now. Signed me out when I paged back to get out of the ad. Google AdSense is exceeding their bounds big time! I seriously doubt if they are supposed to take over the web site!

Pete
Hi Pete...
What operating system and browser are you using?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

pmgolf wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 5:43 pm It happened again - just now. Signed me out when I paged back to get out of the ad. Google AdSense is exceeding their bounds big time! I seriously doubt if they are supposed to take over the web site!

Pete
As you appear to be the only person affected, I doubt it has anything to do with Google. Where exactly is this forum link you are having trouble with?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

The other night when I was playing around with that Walmart Desktop shortcut, one of the things I tested was turning off my Windows 7 Firefox AD BLOCKER. When I came back to the forum, I was getting ads also. They stopped when I re-enabled my ad blocker. I use an ad blocker called "uBlock Origin". it does a wonderful job in case anyone is interested.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Andy wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 8:46 am As you appear to be the only person affected, I doubt it has anything to do with Google. Where exactly is this forum link you are having trouble with?
It's the Forum link from the main "Courses" page that opens when I go to LinksCorner.org. I just installed the Chrome version of "uBlock" that Danny mentioned. I'll post if my troubles continue. Thanks!

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

That's really odd.

I haven't installed any ad blockers for years now but I don't see the problem you have. :dunno: