Problem with Real Rosters

If you have issues accessing any part of Links Corner this is the forum for you.
mattb17109

Problem with Real Rosters

Post by mattb17109 »

So I go to download and extract the "2018-2019Rosters" file. I remove the default rosters from the "CAREERMODE" folder, and I replace them with the unzipped file but I'm still getting the same names on the roster. Is there something I'm missing?
Adelade

Re: Problem with Real Rosters

Post by Adelade »

Im guessing you probably have a VirtualStore directory discrepency, where the game uses the roster files there instead of the ones at the main directory, because my last setup was like that in some way with the roster files though I forgot exact details.

Navigate to C:\Windows\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003 and see if you have roster files there. If this is your issue, you can either replace the files there within the VirtualStore whenever altering rosters, or else "get rid" of the VirtualStore discrepency by for example launching the game as administrator from here on, then it should find the files you already replaced. If you go with the latter, you may find that some other files from the VirtualStore get sort of left behind, but I forgot whether those are any ones that might matter or not.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Adelade

Re: Problem with Real Rosters

Post by Adelade »

Er... unless you didnt start a new Career of course because thats needed for changes to take effect. Also make sure you're playing at the correct eligibility level for the roster you have in mind.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...