Help needed

If you have issues accessing any part of Links Corner this is the forum for you.
pmgolf

Help needed

Post by pmgolf »

Andy, Gibby is having trouble with downloading course files here and unzipping them. They all indicate they are corrupted. To quote him: "I'm using Chrome. Tried Edge and IE but same results." He's also tried all the unzip programs plus Winrar.

He got the following after downloading Colonial CC (#2558) and trying to unzip it:
s_2140.jpg
s_2140.jpg (67.71 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
I downloaded the course and unzipped it with no problem. Have you come across anyone with a problem like that? I don't know what to tell him.

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Help needed

Post by Andy »

When your friend downloads the course zipfiles is he putting them in a deeply nested folder?

Have a look at this page :-

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/windo ... dzip-files
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

According to him, he is downloading them straight to a regular folder. Would there be a problem if he was downloading to a compressed hard drive? I'm at a loss to explain it. Why would it work fine for me and for him he gets a corrupt download? I'm going to try downloading a course file from LinksCorner, check it to make sure it's ok, and then put it on Dropbox and let him download it to see if it becomes corrupt. That's the only thing I can think of right now. Any ideas?

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

As it is not a problem for the vast majority of Linksters, I can only assume that there is some issue with his PC or the way it is set up. :dunno:

Tell to try downloading to the root of the C drive and see what happens.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

He found a workaround.

Gibby:
"Found a alternative: Snapbox. It's free and uses wifi between devices. Devices just need to be on same network.
Works between my ipad and pc using web browser.

Open browser and go to Snapbox, on the screen it names each device and you’ll see it on each device. Select folder/file, takes very large files, and dropped it in my downloads folder.

Downloaded Colonial 2020 on my Ipad and sent to pc. All done and working fine."

Pete