Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Short Par 3's View older topic :: View newer topic  
Jimdon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Short Par 3's Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm working on a par three course and wanted to know how to create a par 3 below regulation length, I tried creating the hole path and droping green and tee close together but as you maybe know you can't plant tee's or pin's outside a certain radius from the back tee and centre of the green No No
and I would prefer to do it without checking allow non regulation f'ways. Scared

Merry Christmas
crow357

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Short Par 3's Reply with quote

This is from a method developed by Lars Rudbeck.

PART 1:
Step 1a: Created tee and green shapes more than 100 yards apart. Inserted shapes.
Step 1b Defined holepath (Only hole boundary).
Step 2: Planted the tee and pin more than 100 yards apart.
Step 3: Selected faces and applied textures so tee area were joining with green (half way tee and half way green). Edge sharpen.
Step 4: Moved the Tee marker all I could towards the green (stopped at around 70-80 yards from green). Moved the pin towards the tee marker. Stopped at about 13 yards. Couldn't get it closer.
Step 5: validate and save

PART 2:
OK, I have now done 2 more holes on the same file that I had send to you guys. Both have tee and pin very close (under 1 yard). Are you giving up too soon? It is NOT easily done. My method described above was not accurate enough, as I found out when I tried to do the 2 extra holes. But here is what I do (in short).
Get tee and green texture to join (50% of each). Add Tee (back) and pin 100 yards apart. Move them as close as you can (about 70 yards). Now here's the trick or my "secret": Once you can't get them any closer add a ladies tee inside but still on tee area texture (delete back tee). Now apply some more tee area texture to the green in direction towards the tee, so it's about 70 % tee and 30 % green. Move the ladies tee some more. Finally, add tee texture all the way up to where the pin is located (probably need a few verts and egde turns). Move the ladies to up there. Voilá. Please reply if any of you can get it to work. I have installed 1.21 and APCD Beta 1.1

My latest, Walnut Grove is available!
Get an in-depth understanding of the APCD 1.5 for Links 2003

Read The APCD Inside and Out Only $14.95
Click here to order
Jimdon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Short Par 3's Reply with quote

Thanks a heap Art tried to find Lee Harris to find out how they did the short one at Augusta par 3 but couldn't.
Thanks again Not Worthy Not Worthy

Merry Christmas
IanD
LC Past President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Short Par 3's Reply with quote

Moved to the Tutorials Forum

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey