Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old. Caddy: It's a long time since we started, sir.
Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004)Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Quidnet Golf Club??
Ace
73%
 73%  [ 139 ]
Eagle
19%
 19%  [ 37 ]
Birdie
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 189

Zep

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

I hadn't played Links in almost a month and this course was a nice way to rekindle my interest. JW did an outstanding job with Quidnet. This is a fictional course, but it looks absolutely real. I especially enjoyed the pano and the attention to all the small details. This one is a perfect score on my rating system. Thumb Up

binkyt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Played Quidnet this morning, my 2nd time around... God, I love this course. My folks live on Martha's Vineyard, and Quidnet perfectly captures golfing on the Cape and Islands --- it's hard to believe this isn't a real course. Also, one of the best panos I've ever seen - not a surprise, since Rick Weathers also did Atlantic Point and his own Xilvers, which are the only ones that compare to this.

Big Fat Frosty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

i usually dont comment but cast my vote
i gave this an ace after just playing front 9
after 3-4 full rounds i have to say
this is the best course yet for realism
the way the course and pano just melt together
on every view is nutting short of spectacular
you cant tell where meet
amazingly realistic
Ninja

Resistance is Character Forming
mickydavies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club Reply with quote

Definitely an Ace. I've no idea how I missed this course previously - as a dedicated downloader I should have had it ages ago. Lovely course. A pleasure to play.

Markeymark

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Ace all the way, a top-shelf design that offers challenging play and awesome scenery. Thumb Up

chappy01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Definitely an Ace. I was stunned by how good this course looks.

dbldc22la

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Great course. gave it a very high eagle

wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Ace! I'm a sucker for Links courses and this one is one of the best. The majority of courses I play get removed as soon as I finish the round, but as we speak, I'm going back for another 18. Thanks for the excellant work!

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

S'gotta be an Ace, hasn't it?

Jon is right up there with Mike Jones and Mitch Sirk as my favourite designers.

B

Thomas Magnum

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

This course is fantastic! You really feel like you are playing on Nantucket! Excellent attention to detail. Without a doubt, an Ace! :)

Alexis Purvisi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Quidnet Golf Club by Jon Weinrieb(7/2004) Reply with quote

Quidnet is a testing - not to say trying - course purportedly set on the island of Nantucket (though it reminded me more than anything else of the South Downs). It is challenging even at Amateur moderate settings due to the greatly varying green and fairway elevations, where the right club selection is critical. I found Quidnet's landscapes both atmospheric and a little monotonous, typical of any links-style course, though the attention to detail couldn't be faulted, all of which finally earned it a solid Eagle.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon