Please support Links Corner    

The only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already. - Byron Nelson
Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004)Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Wagga Wagga Country Club??
Ace
80%
 80%  [ 168 ]
Eagle
14%
 14%  [ 30 ]
Birdie
3%
 3%  [ 8 ]
Par
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 210

cougar24

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1448
(it's here at LC now)

What do you think of Wagga Wagga Country Club??

Unsure

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer
about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Thumb Up

From the readme:

Rules

Quote:
Wagga Wagga Country Club
Recreated for Links 2003 by Wayne Hewitt

Welcome to the readme file for the Wagga Wagga Country Club.

The Project

The course is a real course situated in the city of Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia. It is also my home course. I have wanted to do this course since the first day I used the APCD (Arnold Palmer Course Designer). I was initially just going to do a rough version for myself and one of my best mates Gus Green. Due to it being a real design, I sent a letter to the board of directors at the club asking for permission to do it. In the letter I gave a little bit of my history with the game and designer thinking it would help my chances in gaining their approval. I had just released Tall Pines Estate, my third fictional design, so I also sent a link to the review that was written at Links Corner (www.linkscorner.com). I wasn't prepared for the response that I recieved. Jason Russell, the Secretary of the club, called me the day he recieved the letter asking to have a meeting with me. At that meeting, Jason enquired as to how long the project might actually take, the date of the meeting was the 17th Febuary, 2003. I guessed it would roughly take me 6 to 8 months, boy did I get that wrong :). It is now almost 16 months later. The reason for so much time being spent on it was a result of that first meeting. Jason wanted to know because the club was starting a new advertising campaign at the start of 2004, involving TV ads. For the last few years, they have had local businesses sponsor a hole and then use that as the base of the add. Up untill this year the add consisted of showing an ariel fly-by of the hole (by helicopter), then have the sponsors add following. Jason was wanting to try something different, and my letter was the thing that set things in motion. Once he and the directors had a look at how detailed the courses were becoming, they thought, what a great opportunity, lets use a computer based animation at the beggining of the add. The only problem was, you cant generate fly-bys with the APCD or the game itself. I started the project, now with this in mind, so it had now become a full on effort to create the course as accurately as possible. A few months into it, I had a thought on how we could use them for the TV ads. I hooked up my digital video camera to the video out jack on my graphics card, and hey persto, I could record everything that was happening on the screen. I then started a practice round using the Powerstroke swing style. Powerstroke replayes are void of any other graphics on the screen except the course name. This was a perfect setup, I recorded the replays hole by hole then sent the footage to the TV station. They then ripped out what they needed to give a TV broadcast effect, making it look as though the shots were being played in real time, changing camera angles like you would see in a real life tourny. The only thing they had to fix was the course name up the top of the screen, which was neatly covered by a Top 100 Courses banner. When they are all done, I will be making mpeg files for everyone to download so they can see how it was done. These will eventually be available at www.apcd-courses.com and my own website www.hewisgolfdesign.com. The course also did not have a current yardage book. So with this in mind, I suggested we use the hole previews from the game and print them into a book. As I am very graphically challenged, I enlisted one of my best friends, Gus Green, who is a Graphic Artist by trade. If you would like a copy of it, please contact Ian Ferguson in the pro shop or any of the directors of the club.

The Course
Situated on the banks of Lake Albert, the course is fully watered with Kikuyu fairways and Bent greens. It is flat to undulating with a variety of established native and European trees and scrub. A tight championship layout. Rated in Top 100 country courses in Aust. by Golf Digest.

The construction

Total build time : 1200 hours - approx, ( includes trips to the course taking notes, measurements and photos)
Number of photos taken : 1700 approx

Curses stats, taken from the APCD.

Verts : 42,187
Faces : 81,847
2d Objects : 331,079
3d Objects : 1170
Sounds : 23
Shapes : 20 (after all unused shapes were deleted)
Textures : 130 (that is not a typo, hehe)
Mappings : 1333

To make sure I had the correct elevations, I contacted a land and environment office in Sydney, that dealt with topographical maps. I was fortunate enough to obtain two maps from them that covered all of the course and sourrounding areas. The only bad thing was that they were not a very finely contoured map. The contours were at two metre elevations. So the course is as acurrate as I could get it from that info. I also had use of an ariel photo of the course that was taken around twenty years ago. I know thats not the best, but the course has not really changed that much over this time. The actuall photo is hanging on a wall in the clubhouse, so I tried to find out who took the shot to see if there were still any copies lying around. Unfortunatley I had no luck in tracking down the photographer. So with trusty digital camera in hand, I took photos of the photo and then stiched them together to get a pretty finely detailed shot.
In photoshop, I made the top view the base layer, then overlayed the topo map as another layer, then using the fade in/out tool, lined them both up so they matched perfectly I then cut the photo and topo map up into twelve diferent 512x512 tga's, imported them into the APCD, the layed them out so they all matched up. Then I scaled everything so that most of the holes measured what they did in real life. I put in the topo map textures first, allowing me to put in the verts along the elevation lines. Once they were all in, it was only a matter of selecting all of the verts and raising them by two metres, unselecting the outer rings and raising another two metres. I kept doing this untill the whole course was done. This gave me a plot that was pretty close in elevation to the real thing. Then it was time to replace the topo textures with the ariel ones. Becuase I had them perfectly lined up in photoshop first, when I put them into the course, the elevations lined up with everything only leaving the fine detail elevations left ie: greens, tees, humps and bumps. Sounds easy, but it still took me quite a while to get it all sorted.
Once I had most of the holes painted onto the ariel textures, it was time to start creating some custom 2d images. As this is an Australian course with lots of native trees on it, the APCD had nothing like what I needed. So out came the digital camera once again. I managed to get a few of the trees on the course, but due to them being so close together, I had little chance of getting many from the course itself. I must have driven up and down every farm road for a 2 hour radius around Wagga, searching for gum trees on the side or on top of a hill, so I could get lots of blue sky in the backgound, making it much easier for Dex and Gus to cut them out and create the images I needed. Most of the other objects you will see, like the sand buckets, water bubblers, ball washers, bins, hole signs and other signs etc. are straight from the course.
To make sure I had the course as close as I could get, I borrowed the measure wheel from the greens staff (thanks guys) and a cart, then drove around the course measuring everything I could. As the hole previews were going to be used as the official 'yardage' ( or metreage if you like) book, I had to be spot on. For the sake of making the gameplay a little tougher, the course has been setup to play at its absolute maximum distance. This will throw out some of the distances from the real life course, just incase you were wondering why some holes seem longer than they actually are. Also, I am using the back tee box on the Par 5 12th, it is very rarely used, so this is why the hole is around 15 metres longer than you would think it was.
The panorama created a few problems. The main problem was with how the game renders it. It is rendered at the same size no matter how close/far away you are from it. With quite a bit of land/hills visible on the other side of Plumpton Rd. (lining the 13th and 14th) from diferent parts of the course, it was almost impossible to get it to look right from those locations. So everyhting you see there has been created from the terrain. With three sides of the course presenting the same problem, this almost took me as long to create as the course itself. Especially with the houses that line the 15th. There are around 20 houses in that area. 12 of them ( one of them including a swimming pool)have been built from the terrain, a grey hair experince I can assure you. I was forunate that I could get away with only builing 12 and not the 20 I was planning on. The only part of the panorama that you will see, is the other side of Lake Albert.
There are quite a few 3d objects on the course, many of them have been built from the terrain. These include the Clubhouse, Pro Shop, Wagga Boat Club (behind the 1st green), water viaducts in the creek and the power poles that can be seen on the 1st, 9th and 18th. Plus a few other things, you will have to try and find them :)

Notes of interest

Sounds : I have not added a sound for the creek. There is usually not any water in it, but I thought I would add it anyway to help make the gameplay a little more interesting. I was experiencing the 'sticking sound' bug. No matter what I did, or what sound card I used (drivers included), I could not get rid of it. It was really annoying so I left it out for that reason. I donít think it detracts from playing the course at all, so that is why you donít hear it.
There are many native Australian bird sounds around the course. These include Crows (Wagga Wagga is an Aboriginal word meaning place of many crows), Magpies and Kookaburras (these were thought to be a monkey sound by one of my testers hahahaha). There is also a heavily used road that lines the 13th and 14th holes. You will hear the occasional car pass by there, I have tried to space out the sounds so they donít repeat too often, it will just depend on how long you stay in one area admiring the scenery :) . It is very difficult to get the balance correct, also the volume, with many different sound cards and driver sets reacting differently. I hope I have achieved a nice balance for all.
15th Hole : A few of the testers questioned the design, or rather the location of the first group of fairway bunkers. I have made the fairway around eight metres wide next to the third bunker. In real life it is actually only around five metres, so it is pretty much like it is in real life. I am not keen on the design myself, I would rather have seen the bunkers placed further left towards the fence line. The hole was redesigned around eighteen months ago due to potential legal problems arising from stray golf balls landing in private backyards. The design was meant to discourage people cutting the corner, over the top of the houses. I believe it has actually forced many of the longer hitters (including myself) to take it on every time. I just cant justify hitting a five or a six iron from the tee on a par five. So donít come complaining to me that it doesnít look or feel right, you can blame that on the guys who redesigned it, hehehe.

Website

The official website for the course is at www.wwcc.com.au .
I will be setting up my official website at www.hewisgolfdesign.com very soon, so keep an eye out for that. It will have info on all my works to date, plus keep you informed of whatís coming up next.

Credits

This list keeps getting longer, If I've left anyone out, I apologise for not remembering, so please remind me :).

First of all, I would like to thank my wife, Kylie, and my two children, Tom and Erica, for all of their patience with me in the many hours of construction. They might now get to see their husband/father a bit more often :)

John Studdert (President), Jason Russell (Secretary), Ian Ferguson (Professional), David Scoble (Captain) and the rest of the directors and greens staff. I would like to thank you for everything you have done for me. Without your help this course would never have been what it is today.

Gus Green, you da man. Absolute ledgend etc etc. ( ask this guy how to play the 10th hehehe )

Mick Prendergast (apcd-courses.com), Mike Jones, Dlunatic, John Pineda, Eddie Schmidt, Lars Rudbeck, Chuck Clarke, Art Patscheck, John Esser, Dexter Gresh, Pelle, Dave Russell, Andrew Jones, DaveB (Golfdawg), Simon Kent, All the guys at Darkhorse forums and many, many more. Without the help of these guys, courses like this would never reach the level of realism that is now being consistently achieved.
Also, to quote Mike Jones, Microsoft and Access before them for giving us the fantastic links series. Also for providing simply the most powerful tool for visualisation and creation of golf courses on the computer today - the awesome APCD. Thanks guys.

Wayne Hewitt

25/05/2004

Last edited by cougar24 on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. - Lucille ball
Chicocayman

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

From the textures to the planting and SPECIALLY the custom 3d objects

WWGC is without a doubt a 'real live' golf ride.

It's almost 'picture perfect' and a benchmark in REAL COURSE design

Thank You Hewi and congratulations on a job very well done.

Chico Punk

BTW I gave you're course an ACE Thumb Up

Like Harvey said "Take Dead Aim"

Go Gators, Go Dolphins

Nothin Like a little 'Lack-O-Respect' to mo-ti-vate
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
NO-PUTT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

I can only imagine what it must be like to play golf down under. But thanks to Wayne, I can now head to the outback anytime. What a great round of golfing fun. The atmosphere was more than I imagined, and I could swear I saw a Roo dart between some trees. Great textures and thoughtful planting for sure, but the fun factor is certainly my reason for giving this course a well deserved.....ACE.

"I haven't had this much fun since I dropped a banana down my pants and someone turned a monkey loose."

www.linksanimasters.com
Fourputt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Ok. I had no choice but to give it an Ace, because of the obviously meticulous work that Wayne put into the re-creation of the real course. It is visually exquisite!!! Clap The little stream that meanders through the course may be one of the best yet, the texture and planting on it are pure perfection. The lake is also different from anything I've seen before, but in a good way. Thumb Up The many and varied custom trees planted around are wonderful too. All of the exotic (to me) bird (or animal?) sounds really added to the whole atmosphere of being somewhere far away (again, for me Yes ).

Only one tiny, minor downside... the course plays very easy. I will have to try it with difficult pins and wind turned on full, but I played this round in BMFM, and shot -8. And I played the par 5's horribly, only making one birdie to cancel one bogie, and I missed several other birdie opportunities. This course has the potential of yielding some very low scores, and that will cause some players to rate it lower than I feel it deserves. But Wayne didn't have much choice there since he had to be faithful to the real Wagga Wagga.

So, my recommendation... Don't miss this one when it comes to a theater near you... an Ace all the way for me. Thumb Up Punk

Rick - Champ RTS (No grid) Mod only
Curt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Ace from me too. Excellent, Wayne, and great sounds for atmosphere.

I agree with Fourputts point about the course playing easy (I shot a -9 with the only blemish a double bogey on 15 playing RTS Champ BSFM), but that is true of many real course recreations that stay true to their yardage., and certainly no reason to mark a course down in my opinion (I see it has 2 eagle votes already - I'd be interested to know if the easy nature of the course is the reason for not giving an Ace). Each score is relative to the particular course, the real challenge is to improve your own scoring on the course.

My advice - DO NOT MISS THIS COURSE.

Albie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Ace !!!
Thanks Wayne.
Remember the screenshots you showed us earlier. Well I found the entrance to the course, behind the 13th green. I followed the asphalt road to the pro shop and the club house. You went to a lot of detail with this course. Well done. Lots of fun to play.

Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart !

Life is a Series of Choices, Decisions and Consequences !

Deciding not to choose, is still making a choice !

Failing to Plan, is a Plan to Fail !

Those That Judge, Don't Matter. Those That Matter, Don't Judge !
Al Frescoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Just curious. Why would you post a poll here at Links Corner for a course that is not available here?

Quite happily "on the fringe".
LCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Al Frescoe wrote:
Just curious. Why would you post a poll here at Links Corner for a course that is not available here?

It will be available for download here soon Yes

Cheers

Lindsay

fasttrack

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Really, really nice course Wayne, thanks! One aspect of Waynes designs that stand out for me, is that he seems to get the right perspective when it comes to the galleries. Too often I've found myself on great courses, tournie options turned on...to then find myself hitting a shot over a solitary spectator or generally seeing people in line of sight, which, obviously is not realistic and can somewhat spoil the 'simulation' aspect of this game. Wayne seems to always get the gallery aspect spot on.

On the downside (for me - not the course)... I found myself waiting 30-45 seconds per rendering, which for me is just too long. It's the IRL equivalent of being on a course, stuck behind the Ladies Monthly Medal (...who are all having a real bad day AND posturing a bit too much cos many of them watched an LPGA tour event on the box the previous evening...). The resultant waiting 5 minutes to pay each shot eventually leads to real high scores or walking off. Anyway, Wagga Wagga has joined Colonial and Merion in being courses I'll 'play to death' once I upgrade my system.

Great work, thanks for sharing it. Thumb Up

Agree with the other guys about the 'bit easy' stuff.....even I shot 6 under playing behing the Ladies Monthly Medal.....!!!! Laugh Laugh

Last edited by fasttrack on Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fourputt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

fasttrack wrote:
On the downside (for me - not the course)... I found myself waiting 30-45 seconds per rendering, which for me is just too long. It's the IRL equivalent of being on a course, stuck behind the Ladies Monthly Medal (...who are all having a real bad day AND posturing a bit too much cos many of them watched an LPGA tour event on the box the previous evening...). The resultant waiting 5 minutes to pay each shot eventually leads to real high scores or walking off. Anyway, Wagga Wagga has joined Colonial and Merion in being courses I'll 'play to death' once I upgrade my system.

Great work, thanks for sharing it. Thumb Up

That kind of surprises me. I expected it to be a slower rendering course, but for me it plays faster than many others. None actually play slowly on my system, but Wagga Wagga seems to be in the faster 1/3 or so. I can understand you not wanting to wait that long for redraws though, as I remember several 2001 courses that my old computer had a lot of trouble with. I remember loading Pacific Breaks (2001 vesrion) for the first time in Links 2003... it took 20 minutes to build the shadow file... Whistle Redraws were slow there, and on The Meadows course as well. Not surprising as they were the first 2 courses ever to go over 60 megs, and my P3 550 was a bit long in the tooth even then.

Fourputt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Al Frescoe wrote:

Why not? It will be available here in less than a week, and lots of members here are also members at apcd-courses.com. AT 110+ megs of download, I'd think that many (especially those on dialup) would be happy to see some reviews before having to download it and see for themselves if they want to take the time. Geek Yes

WassupDawg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

This course is an obvious ace in my book. Wayne's attention to detail is second to none. Thanks, Wayne for sharing another outstanding effort! Cheers

JW

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

The attention to detail is as fine as I have seen on a RL course. The layout, although not terribly difficult to play in Links, is plenty challenging with some breeze and diff. pins. The custom textures, clubhouse and other 3D work and planting all are immaculate.

Superb effort, Wayne. Congratulations on keeping that bar way up in the sky.

Clap Clap Clap

Crabcakes and football!! That's what Maryland does!!
dazedcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

An ace from me as well. I've really run out of descriptive praise to use on courses like this.....so all I'll say is thanks tons to Wayne Hewitt for this wonderful course.

The $20.00 I spend on being a member of APCD-courses.com is money very well spent. Getting a gem like this early (not to mention breakneck download speed over my cable modem) makes it more than worth the annual fee.

My thanks to all........

Regards;

Eddie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Without Question an Ace from me.
Courses with very few of mistakes will leave my hardrive forever.
Wagga Wagga isn't going anywhere,I played 36 on it this weekend and will more than likely play 54 or more on it this week.
The streamside planting plus the textures are the best I've seen.The attention to detail is second to none.
As I was playing I kept thinking what it must be like playing golf down under,almost feeling like a part of the fabulous scenery.

I say this not mean spirited but a honest question,
I can't see why anyone would vote anything but Ace on this course, kinda boggles my mind.What do some people want?

THANKS Wayne! Thumb Up

Last edited by Eddie on Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

MainerTodd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Hmm. How come the "bogey man" hasn't made his appearance yet? It just won't be a classic until he strikes. Naughty

fasttrack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
I say this not mean spirited but a honest question, I can't see why anyone would vote anything but Ace on this course, kinda boggles my
mind.What do some people want?

I think some people would vote eagle simply to give ace some kind of significance maybe? Generally there are two aspects to an APCD design as I see it - the craftmanship and the playability. No one would ever the doubt the craftmanship of this course - however, as some people have alluded to, it does play a little easier than many other courses. For some people that is a key factor. It's possible that some people reserve ace for those courses that manage to present strategic layouts and a real challenge (that sims the game IRL rather than yielding 8 unders relatively easily) AND has great technical merit.

It's very likely that designers see APCD work a little differently to most other people - and rightly so. You guys know what it takes. If it was a case of grading every course based on things like intent, effort, blood, sweat and tears then I'm pretty sure many, many more courses would score an 'ace'.

Just my opinion, but APCD has more to do with producing a 'Golf Course' than 'The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon'.

Wayne Hewitt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Fourputt wrote:
Only one tiny, minor downside... the course plays very easy. I will have to try it with difficult pins and wind turned on full, but I played this round in BMFM, and shot -8. And I played the par 5's horribly, only making one birdie to cancel one bogie, and I missed several other birdie opportunities. This course has the potential of yielding some very low scores, and that will cause some players to rate it lower than I feel it deserves. But Wayne didn't have much choice there since he had to be faithful to the real Wagga Wagga.

Got it in one Rick. I knew that it would play on the easy side. As it is a public course and is not intended to be a host for anything major, it is quite short compared to many of the courses you will be acustomed to plaing in links. The greens are also relativley flat. It should make for some good shot making but will still punish you if you go offline and onto the incorrect fairway, as it will leave a very tight shot for recovery. I only wish I could score on it in real life as easily as I do in Links Laugh

Thanks
Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com

Fourputt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

Wayne Hewitt wrote:

Got it in one Rick. I knew that it would play on the easy side. As it is a public course and is not intended to be a host for anything major, it is quite short compared to many of the courses you will be acustomed to plaing in links. The greens are also relativley flat. It should make for some good shot making but will still punish you if you go offline and onto the incorrect fairway, as it will leave a very tight shot for recovery. I only wish I could score on it in real life as easily as I do in Links Laugh

Played a round there last night with Dex, and we both commented on how much fun we though it could be to play IRL. It's amazing how much that tiny, insignificant creek comes into play. Some of those trees are a real impediment to going low too... Surrender We finished 18 with Dex in the lead at -4 to -3. Lots of fun to play together online. Thumb Up

MainerTodd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Wagga Wagga Country Club by Wayne Hewitt ( 5/2004) Reply with quote

No question, an ace from me. This is the most realistic course I've ever seen: I truly feel as if I've been to the actual Wagga Wagga course in real life. I love the planting, textures, pano, etc. I really don't care if it plays easy or difficult for me, since I enjoy playing many different kinds of courses. If it's easier than, say, Tish Island, so what? I don't want every course to play exactly the same. Thanks for an amazing addition to our course collection, Wayne! I know I'll play here again and again, and enjoy every moment.

A few minor issues:

1) On the first hole, using the back tees, I banged my 3-wood off the overhanging power lines about half the time when teeing off. Is this how it is in real life--do the members have to figure out a way to avoid hitting the power lines? Not a big deal, since now I know that I simply have to use a driver or else lower the trajectory of my 3-wood a bit to avoid the power lines.

2) I saw some minor graphical corruption in the fences off the left-hand side of the 3rd hole, and the right-hand side of the 18th (that rectangular fence complex). In both cases, a portion of the fence was replaced by small light blue patches. I have a Mobility Radeon 9000 card, with the 3.9 Catalyst drivers. I tried updating to the 4.2 drivers, but still had the same problem. However, when I shut off anisotropic filtering, the problem disappeared (but then I lost the benefits of AF). I have a feeling that this is simply an issue with my card/driver, and luckily, it'sa VERY minor problem--i.e. I only saw it in those two areas, and in both cases the corruption was fairly unobtrusive. It certainly doesn't interfere with the playability of either hole, and really doesn't detract much from the aesthetics either.

The instinct of a man is to pursue everything that flies from him, and to fly from all that pursue him.
-Voltaire
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

These damn Axis weapons don't work! - Sgt Sneaky Bastage AKA Axe R.I.P.