Please support Links Corner    

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett

APCD Terrain Tab View older topic :: View newer topic  
mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Opened up the designer and was going to cycle thru the different textures but the slider for the terrain tab is somehow missing. The textures were visible but there was no slider to explore the different types. Very strange, I'm not aware that I did anything that would have made it disappear. Any thoughts? Uninstalled and then reinstalled the APCD but the slider tab is still missing.

Adelade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Sounds odd. Its the "Terrain Types" section right? the slider bar is completely gone or just greyed out? Does it happen even if you dont open any course?

I would wait and see if anyone else knows anything first, but maybe your user.lib is filled with too many textures making the section crash? I would have thought reinstalling APCD would reset the user.lib of course, but perhaps it doesnt? Or perhaps the problem is caused by textures from a certain course and you open that course again right after the reinstall? Try cutting out the user.lib so that APCD creates a new one and see if it changes anything (paste and save your user.lib file you had somewhere though)

mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Right, it's the scroll bar on the terrain tab, not grayed out, just not there at all. Never seen that before. So I can't cycle thru the different textures. How do I cut out the user lib?

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Hi,

I have had this issue happen multiple times. I finally decided to make a complete backup of the entire APCD directory on a USB stick every time I make changes to my texture lib or objects lib. This way I always have everything I need at hand when I have to do a re-install of APCD. I just copy/paste my good stuff into the newly installed APCD directory. This works for me.......

Sage...... Smile

mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

I can understand making backups of the directory. But when you reinstalled the APCD did the scroll bar return? I would think a fresh install would be like the first time and the bar would have been there, but it wasn't.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

When you uninstall, use an un-installer that grabs everything from everywhere on your comp......Worked for me many times.....make sure NO left over files.......

Sage..... Smile

mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

I used the uninstall that comes with windows xp. I think that grabs everything, including the registry.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

I use "Revo Uninstaller" works really well.......it's free......Nothing in Windows works very well......

Sage..... Smile

Still Linksing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Download this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/28mvkjvlkoet09g/APCD.zip?dl=0

It's the APCD. Extract it anywhere you like on your PC. Then go in the APCD folder and click apcd.exe to launch it. See if this works. It won't damage your other APCD installation.

aka Viper
mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll try it.

Adelade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

To cut out the user.lib file, go to your APCD folder, find the user.lib file, right click it then "cut". Then go to desktop or whatever directory you want to store the backup at and rightclick background then "paste". The user.lib has all your textures. Removing this file from the APCD folder by deleting it or cutting it out will make APCD create a default user.lib once you open APCD next time. As it is from fresh install, without any custom (ie. user made) textures, and only having the default (microsoft made) textures. If you open any course in APCD all custom textures within that course get automatically added to the user.lib file. The uninstall programs will surely achieve the same thing as well as resetting other settings and such within APCD. By saving your user.lib as a backup somewhere, you can copy and paste it back into APCD later, overwriting whatever user.lib file existing. Could be helpful if it turns out the user.lib file wasnt the problem and you dont want to lose the textures you used to have.

Still Linksing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

mashie, DO NOT uninstall my APCD version by using the uninstall file in the APCD folder. To remove the version I gave you just delete the folder itself.
If this version works for you, I'll explain a few things.

aka Viper
mashie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone's input. Hopefully one of them will work.

mashie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Success!! Uninstalled the apcd using the Revo uninstaller, although it looked like it used the apcd uninstaller. Reinstalled apcd with the downloaded link provided by Viper and the scroll bar on the terrain tab is there. So everything looks great. Thanks Viper and to everyone for all your help and suggestions. This Links community is the best for helping out when you have problems.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just for info......

I just had my object lib revert back to the original......copy pasted my backup "object.lib" file into the installed APCD directory and everything back the way it was with all my custom object categories......

This works for me all every time.

Backup, backup, backup........

Glad it all worked out for you Mashie......

Sage...... Smile

Still Linksing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

mashie wrote:
Success!! Uninstalled the apcd using the Revo uninstaller, although it looked like it used the apcd uninstaller. Reinstalled apcd with the downloaded link provided by Viper and the scroll bar on the terrain tab is there. So everything looks great. Thanks Viper and to everyone for all your help and suggestions. This Links community is the best for helping out when you have problems.

Excellent mashie! Thumb Up

Ok, now a few things for everyone using the APCD.
What mashie used is a completely clean APCD version.
It's exactly what you get when you first install APCD without ever launching it.
It's a "vanilla" installation of the program.

The APCD version I uploaded anyone can download. Extract it, use it.
You can run it from anywhere on your system or even a USB if you want to work from a laptop while you are out. When you get home you just transfer it back to your PC.

You can make copies and have multiple APCD programs to use. Just give each APCD folder a new name eg APCD 1, APCD 2 etc.
You can have 100 APCD programs all sitting in the one directory if you want!

There is no need to even ever use the installation discs again.
APCD doesn't require the installation program for it to work.
The version I linked above will work from any PC regardless if that PC has ever had APCD installed or not.

The only word of warning, to remove these extra APCD versions just delete their folders.
Do not click the uninstall file inside. If you click the uninstall file it will read the registry and remove whatever APCD version you installed with the discs. Hope this is clear?
I haven't tested this myself but can say with almost complete certainty this is what will happen.

Any questions let me know.

aka Viper
Adelade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

If you dont mind checking for me, Im pretty curious if your version has the 2001 3d objects or not, as I tried to get them into my own APCD some time ago but was forced to give up (couldnt get the program that merges libraries to work no matter how i tried). Always had in mind to maybe one day ask to get help from someone to receive an APCD that has them already added to the library to see if that might work for me, might be my only hope. The way to tell whether theyre there is by going to Planting > 2d > Object Library > 'Objects' tab > check the 'Object Types' dropdown list, and if the 2001 objects are there, it should display 2 different Categories for each 3d type. For example both 3D2k3Buildings and another type being named... probably 3DBuildings or something similar, forgot exact name difference.

Still Linksing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Adelade wrote:
If you dont mind checking for me, Im pretty curious if your version has the 2001 3d objects or not, as I tried to get them into my own APCD some time ago but was forced to give up (couldnt get the program that merges libraries to work no matter how i tried). Always had in mind to maybe one day ask to get help from someone to receive an APCD that has them already added to the library to see if that might work for me, might be my only hope. The way to tell whether theyre there is by going to Planting > 2d > Object Library > 'Objects' tab > check the 'Object Types' dropdown list, and if the 2001 objects are there, it should display 2 different Categories for each 3d type. For example both 3D2k3Buildings and another type being named... probably 3DBuildings or something similar, forgot exact name difference.

No, it won't. It's the same standard 2003 APCD everyone is using that you get from a standard installation.

aka Viper
Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: APCD Terrain Tab Reply with quote

Adelade wrote:
Hi Adelade. I used both object libraries for the very first time when I created The National. I followed the APCD instructions and it worked perfectly for me. The only thing I did different was use 2 different installs of the APCD. I used install 1 to build the course, and I used APCD 2 for planting.

For APCD 2, I installed a fresh APCD copy and merged the other planting set into it, and then when I reached the planting stages, I transferred my course over to APCD 2 and started planting. It went flawlessly for me.

I'm a firm believer in using multiple install copies of the APCD all at the same time. One to do the complete build from start to finish, one to do all of the planting when the build is complete, and one to open up other courses for whatever reason I want to look at one. I NEVER open any other courses in my build or planting installs. I use a 3rd install for that.

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Swing hard in case you hit it. - Dan Marino