Please support Links Corner    

Follow-through: The part of the swing that takes place after the ball has been hit, but before the club has been thrown. ~ Henry Beard

Question about aggression when creating a golfer View older topic :: View newer topic  
bnicarlson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Question about aggression when creating a golfer Reply with quote

What effect does aggression play when you create a golfer?

Does high aggression mean he will take chances?
Too little and he'll layup a lot?

Redskin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Question about aggression when creating a golfer Reply with quote

I've set up a few computer players in the past and I asked Jerry Garlisch about that and his answer was that it did nothing for the player one way or another. So I almost always put it a bit past the center - more to the right.
But I don't think it does much, if anything.
Jim

Don't worry about temptation. As you grow older, it starts avoiding you.
--Old Farmer's Almanac
gene_golf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Question about aggression when creating a golfer Reply with quote

Redskin wrote:
I've set up a few computer players in the past and I asked Jerry Garlisch about that and his answer was that it did nothing for the player one way or another. So I almost always put it a bit past the center - more to the right.
But I don't think it does much, if anything.
Jim

I remember Jerry writing as much myself. Also the computer anis are programmed to aim for spots in doglegs and will lay up to wind up in spot where designer deemed spot to be after 2 shots for a par 5. All Links computer anis are limited in the distance that they can hit drives and what affects them a little is how much they are knocked down only in so far as accuracy. I sure would like to be able to see what Links gave Annika Sorenstam, along with the originals for putting ability as they seem never to miss even the long putts. Well there is the old golf saying of drive for show and putt for dough.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.