Please support Links Corner    

My clubs are well used, but unfortunately not used well! - Jack Burrell

The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! View older topic :: View newer topic  
Latsop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Looks like Tiger is off to a good start...
Mcllroy and Rose a little slow out the gate...
Dustin and Fowler doing okay at 1 under...
Adam Scott had a good 1st round...

Masters Leaderboard
Thumb Up

They can because they think they can...Virgil
Those who can do,those who understand teach...Aristotle
Adelade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Im not going to watch everything, but hopefully a lot of it! Im hyped :)

Latsop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Adelade wrote:
Im not going to watch everything, but hopefully a lot of it! Im hyped :)

Stenson started out pretty good, but had a rough time on the back. Erm

Adelade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

He's not many strokes behind though (for now). I believe Wink

Danes doing good though! Problem is Im not sure if I can wholeheartedly cheer for them... Laugh rival countries... Stuck Tongue Nah :) I think itd be really fun if Olesen did something big. But honestly I dont think I mind who wins, as long as it becomes a classic, preferably with a suspenseful tiebreaker :)

guitarzan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Hoping Corey Conners can make it two in a row. Off to a good start!

Latsop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Right, the Danes are okay... Whistle Chair

Olesen doing pretty good, actually. Thumb Up

Latsop

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

guitarzan wrote:
Hoping Corey Conners can make it two in a row. Off to a good start!

Eagled #15...that was sweet.

Latsop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:26 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Nice to see Ian up there, I always felt he was good enough to win a green jacket. Thumb Up Good to see Phil near the top as well.

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Oh, so it's the Masters I'm watching.
I thought I was watching a documentary on Tiger Woods... Roll Eyes

Latsop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Duck Hook wrote:
Oh, so it's the Masters I'm watching.
I thought I was watching a documentary on Tiger Woods... Roll Eyes

I haven't watched any Tv yet, but I was thinking about tunng in tomorrow.
But, if 8 out of 10 shots are Tiger, I'm turning it off. I want to watch Scott, Phil, Oosthuizen, and Poulter, also. Mad

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:06 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I like watching Tiger play when he's playing well.
But Jesus Christ I don't need to watch every second of his round.
The 'highlight' was getting to watch him walk from tee to green on the 12th just to mark his ball due to the weather delay, absolutely riveting stuff...

Latsop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Duck Hook wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I like watching Tiger play when he's playing well.
But Jesus Christ I don't need to watch every second of his round.
The 'highlight' was getting to watch him walk from tee to green on the 12th just to mark his ball due to the weather delay, absolutely riveting stuff...

Right...I know what your saying. I'm a big fan of Phil, but I don't need to see every shot he makes. Like I said, I want to to watch all the top contenders.

guitarzan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

This is what I was fearing. Tiger is in contention and now everyone will be falling all over themselves in an all out love fest. Yuck. I wonder if this happened when Jack made his historic run in '86? Mayyyybeee, but probably not to the ridiculous extent that things are overblown and over-hyped today.

Adelade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

As for the walk to the 12th green, there wasnt anything else to show at the time was there since play was suspended? Maybe I misunderstand. Anyway, Im sure you guys have a point, and I assume we have different broadcasts (I was watching British one) but I thought Tiger was incredible to watch day 2, pretty much every stroke I saw from him last half of day 2 was high entertainment value. I've never been a particular Tiger fan either, I just think he rightfully stole the show in this case. Good going Smile

Also, I know its a redundant and wornout statement... but wow this really is such an amazing course..

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Adelade wrote:
As for the walk to the 12th green, there wasnt anything else to show at the time was there since play was suspended?

What they couldn't show highlights of actual golf?
Smile

kunrod3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

This morning on CBS they had a promo for the Masters ... they showed five or six images - all Tiger. Not a single one of any of the five, very good, golfers that are actually leading the tournament. Ugh!

Latsop

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Be interesting to see how Spieth does today...worked his way from 4 over to 1 under yesterday...birdied the 1st hole today and 2 under now. When he focuses, he's an incredible player.

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Latsop wrote:
Be interesting to see how Spieth does today...worked his way from 4 over to 1 under yesterday...birdied the 1st hole today and 2 under now. When he focuses, he's an incredible player.

Have a lot of respect for Spieth. One of the few highly ranked golfers to come down under for the Aussie open. An article in Aussie golf digest at the time couldn't state highly enough of his conduct and interaction with fans, officials and volunteers.

Latsop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

Duck Hook wrote:

Have a lot of respect for Spieth. One of the few highly ranked golfers to come down under for the Aussie open. An article in Aussie golf digest at the time couldn't state highly enough of his conduct and interaction with fans, officials and volunteers.

He's a good role model, for sure. Looks like he's too far back to catch up, tho. . Adam is looking good. A good round in the mid 60's tomorrow, you never know? Thumb Up

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: The (unofficial) 2019 Masters Thread! Reply with quote

If only Adam could putt..... Sad

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Forum Lobby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.