Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.

disappearing cups View older topic :: View newer topic  
ponkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

Hi all

I'm in the process of making a new course and I've put in some tees and pins to try out the greens for slopiness. Some of the cups cant be seen when Im on the green putting. Does anyone know a remedy ?

Many thanks

Peter

here are two pics of the same hole, off green and on green

SLucey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

Before exiting the APCD did you click 'Validate and Save'?

sagevanni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

Make sure when you plant the pins you hit the "apply" icon-button.....and validate/save.......

Sage.....

brooks2345

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

You didn't by any chance tick the "box of death" - allow non-regulation fairways - on the startup screen at the beginning when you set up the course????

If so, you're f******.

I did it for Southampton Municipal and Romsey and I now have disappearing cups for both and as far as I know there's no cure. As things stand, you can play golf, but on some holes, the cups just vanish.

If the above is the problem, and by some miracle you find a cure, please let me know immediately.

Cheers and commiserations

John Brooks Sad

sagevanni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

So right John Brooks.........NEVER EVER use that crap option.....!!!!!!

ponkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:58 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

oh oh I did allow non regulation fairways.

oops

Sad

Adelade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

My sympathies.. :( A month ago or so I thought I'd done that with my course and it was the absolute worst feeling after so much work... Replanting the pins didnt work so I assumed it had to be that, but luckily Validate and Save still worked, so probably wasnt that box of death in my case after all. Unless you discover some unknown fix that no one else have been able to find, your only options are probably to restart the course or try to live with the pin issue :/ Perhaps it would be possible to plant holes as 2d... or even make them in 3d maybe, but it might be tricky to get in the exact same position as the official pins, and you would have to choose between greens having several holes visible at the same time or just having one pin position per hole... There are data files accessible in Links extender that contain information about elevation data and such, but sadly I have never heard or seen anything about any way to copy over such data to a new course.

Jeff Shillings

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

I had that happen (or maybe my problem was something else) but all I did was remove the pins and replant them and everything worked out fine. What happened to me was that all my flagsticks on that green were at varying heights. *I think* I may have planted the pins then did some additional contouring of the green, and the cups remained at the elevation they were originally planted, so some of the pins were at normal height and some were about 3 or 4 feet tall.
Dunno

ponkey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: disappearing cups Reply with quote

Hi again

been messing around with a few things and I cant find a solution..................... except to start again. Works out good though as Ive now got a better aerial photo to work with :)

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.