Please support Links Corner    

You've just one problem. You stand too close to the ball--after you've hit it. - Sam Snead

TPC Sawgrass - Sage View older topic :: View newer topic  
Bluenoser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

Wow Sage - very nice. This is already a very polished version imo. I played the front 9 this morning with Mc/Fc and the greens are real nice. It will be gr8 playing wth the usual speedy conditions we see irl.

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

Hi Blue,

Thank you so much....!!!! I am going to try and modify the version to the updated renovations........

Again.....thank you.....

Sage.... Smile

mashie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:13 am    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

What an unexpected pleasure!! Thank you for updating this Sage, it looks fantastic and has the feel of the real venue. The green slopes seem very accurate from what you see on TV and the original version. That rendition had some slopes and pins that were too severe and unplayable at the faster speeds. It you're going to do such a great job of creating these real courses you'll get no end of requests!! The slopes on the front and side of #17 were really pronounced but that seems to resemble the real course. Thank you again for your wonderful efforts and keeping this game alive for us.

FLIPPER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Sawgrass Updated Reply with quote

Haai to all Linksters, I know Sage just uploaded Sawgrass, But I am about to upload another Sawgrass later tonight or early tomorrow morning. It will be a fully update version with all the latest changes (I Think!).Also with new textures and stands and a lot of spectators. It Took the liberty of taken the
2008 design which I Updated, seeing that nobody els seem to be intrested.

Sorry Sage, you did a very very good job but its still the old the old! course
and I also don't see any Spectators (How so you play the "Players" without any spectators?)

I Apologize for any mistakes or problems, theres was no time for testing.
If you pardon me I have to go and finish the and get it ready for Upload
Thanks

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

The more the merrier....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I won't need to update.........

Sage....... Smile

Adelade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

I havent played Sawgrass before and was saving it for this week. I already had difficulty deciding which one I should try first between the 2002, 2007 and 2008 versions, and now theres going to anoth.... no, TWO more!? Oh dear! Laugh Well, I do like having this problem :) Good work guys

pmgolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Sawgrass Updated Reply with quote

FLIPPER wrote:
Haai to all Linksters, I know Sage just uploaded Sawgrass, But I am about to upload another Sawgrass later tonight or early tomorrow morning. It will be a fully update version with all the latest changes (I Think!).Also with new textures and stands and a lot of spectators. It Took the liberty of taken the
2008 design which I Updated, seeing that nobody els seem to be intrested.

Sorry Sage, you did a very very good job but its still the old the old! course
and I also don't see any Spectators (How so you play the "Players" without any spectators?)

I Apologize for any mistakes or problems, theres was no time for testing.
If you pardon me I have to go and finish the and get it ready for Upload
Thanks

Great news, Flipper! I hope you calmed down some of the slopes on #17! Not much, though - just a little!

Pete

Bluenoser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
The more the merrier....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like I won't need to update.........

Sage....... Smile

I hope you'll finish yours Sage. No disrespect to Flipper, but it's nice to have older versions of courses as well as modern ones.

Some of us like to relive our youth occasionally :)

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

Hi ya Blue,

I'll be finishing my version........

Sage..... Smile

gene_golf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

mashie wrote:
What an unexpected pleasure!! Thank you for updating this Sage, it looks fantastic and has the feel of the real venue. The green slopes seem very accurate from what you see on TV and the original version. That rendition had some slopes and pins that were too severe and unplayable at the faster speeds. It you're going to do such a great job of creating these real courses you'll get no end of requests!! The slopes on the front and side of #17 were really pronounced but that seems to resemble the real course. Thank you again for your wonderful efforts and keeping this game alive for us.

The green slopes for the 2008 version more represent what the real greens are at TPC Sawgrass. This version by Sage has tamed them down to where they may be playable under faster mod settings, but then that is an artificial construct. Tomorrow we will get to see just what the stimpmeter settings will be, given that the tournament has been moved back to be played again in March as was done previously. Also I will be looking to see what length the rough will be as when Norman scored so well one year that created talk that the course was being played in benign conditions, given the absence of rough on the course providing a penalty of hitting drives offline. Last week at Bay Hill the rough was high causing scoring to not be so low. Given that Sage has been working on this course and releasing it now, it is unfortunate that hole #12 was not redone to how it played I believe for the last 2 years with the redesign. Also Sage, just wondering what information did you go by to design your greens?
https://www.golf.com/courses-and-travel/photo/2017/05/08/photos-transformation-tpc-sawgrass-12th-hole

mashie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

gene_golf wrote:
mashie wrote:

The green slopes for the 2008 version more represent what the real greens are at TPC Sawgrass. This version by Sage has tamed them down to where they may be playable under faster mod settings, but then that is an artificial construct. Tomorrow we will get to see just what the stimpmeter settings will be, given that the tournament has been moved back to be played again in March as was done previously. Also I will be looking to see what length the rough will be as when Norman scored so well one year that created talk that the course was being played in benign conditions, given the absence of rough on the course providing a penalty of hitting drives offline. Last week at Bay Hill the rough was high causing scoring to not be so low. Given that Sage has been working on this course and releasing it now, it is unfortunate that hole #12 was not redone to how it played I believe for the last 2 years with the redesign. Also Sage, just wondering what information did you go by to design your greens?
https://www.golf.com/courses-and-travel/photo/2017/05/08/photos-transformation-tpc-sawgrass-12th-hole

The green slopes in the 2008 version do not accurately represent the real course. If the mod is supposed to be representative of the green speeds on the PGA tour, and I think it is, then the 2008 rendition is not accurate because for the most part it is not playable using challenging mod conditions. The newest version by Sage is very realistic and playable with all the mod variations. The other new release is a nice
improvement over the original 2008, but unfortunately the green slopes and pins have not been changed and it is best played not using challenging conditions. For example, there are 8 pins set in the original version and a hole like #10 has 4 out of the 8 pins that are unplayable using mod conditions. More than half of the pins on #17 are similarly unsuitable. Watching the event on TV today the greens were fairly fast and to replicate them challenging conditions in Links would need to be used. But you won't see any crazy roll outs of the ball on the greens IRL like would happen with the 2008 version.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

TPC Sawgrass 2008 isn't suitable for mod conditions? Are your Links skills really that bad? The best STIMP speed you can get is 8.5 using F F. That's crazy slow - like putting on shag carpet! Sorry to tell you this, but if you need speeds that slow in order to play Links, you are pretty bad.

There are tournaments going on at LSPN right now using TPC Sawgrass 2008 with challenging conditions. The course has a limited number of acceptable pin positions to allow play at faster speeds. The first 3 rounds for the following leaderboard are M Fc (stimp 13.0), Mc Mc (stimp 11.5) and F Mc (stimp 11.5). The overall score for each player is net of their handicap, but the round scores are their actual scratch number.

And finally, Sawgrass 2008 and the 2019 update look more like what I see on TV, which is more realistic to me. They are the versions of Sawgrass that I prefer - no offense intended to Sage, just my opinion.

Pete

FLIPPER - You have a PM!

gene_golf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

Question to pete, pmgolf---What wind conditions and pin locations are you using for your tournament? Also why did you not go with 2019 version as only one hole was changed, #12 from 2008 version and is the way tournament has been played this year and previous 2 years starting out in 2017?

pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: TPC Sawgrass - Sage Reply with quote

Gene, I waited as long as I could for the course to be available, but the Tournament started Wednesday so I had to miss using it. Also, after it is released for download here, I have to wait a day for it to be loaded to the LSPN Course Database.

I played the 2019 update and it's a beauty! Great new textures, and #12 plays very well. I'm looking forward to using it next year!

Oh yes - conditions. I used 3 rounds of Breezy and one of Gusty.

Pete

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.