Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday? Caddy: The way you play, sir, it's a sin any day of the week!

Links 2001 Break line indicator? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Still Linksing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Links 2001 Break line indicator? Reply with quote

This is totally confusing my mind.

I have Links 2001 installed on Win 7. I have found that the break line indicator is on by default.
No option like Links 2003 to turn it off.

I would like to know if the break line indicator was on by default in Links 2001 or is this likely a quirk introduced on newer systems like Win 7?
I can hold the shift key down to turn it off but have to do that every hole. I also think I read somewhere in the game tutorials the shift key turns it on, not off so it should be off by default in that case.
I'm thinking my Links 2001 break line indicator might be working backwards to how it did in the past.

I really can't remember if it was on by default back when I played it on what would've been an XP machine. Anyone have any idea how it worked?

aka Viper
Still Linksing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject: Links 2001 Break line indicator? Reply with quote

Might be over thinking this now and my mind may be telling me fibs.

Hitting the shift key in Links has a familiar feel to it.
I'm thinking the BLI was off by default on game release. This is why it says to hit shift to turn it on in the tutorials.
I know many people used it and I'm thinking maybe it was then turned on by default with one of the patches. The tutorials were never updated for this change.

I'm totally not certain and a bag of lollies for anyone who can remember! Thumb Up

aka Viper
Armand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Links 2001 Break line indicator? Reply with quote

I would have guessed that the BLI wasn't in 2001, so my memory is failing me! Nonetheless, I'm guessing the BLI setting is in the player creation screen (i.e., specific for the player).

Still Linksing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Links 2001 Break line indicator? Reply with quote

Armand wrote:
I would have guessed that the BLI wasn't in 2001, so my memory is failing me! Nonetheless, I'm guessing the BLI setting is in the player creation screen (i.e., specific for the player).

It certainly was in there and no, unlike Links 2003 there is no setting in the player screen. The shift key is the only way to control it from it's default setting which appears to be on.

I checked the patch text file listing patch changes to see if there was any mention of it being changed but there was nothing there.
I do have an old XP machine I can install 2001 on to see how it behaves there but asking here is far less work.

I'm raising reward to 2 lolly bags as it's stumped Armand as well. Thumb Up Laugh Laugh Laugh

aka Viper
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

My clubs are well used, but unfortunately not used well! - Jack Burrell