Please support Links Corner    

Golf is an easy game... it's just hard to play. - Anon

Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final View older topic :: View newer topic  
Stuart Hatch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Released as a beta version in August of last year by Sage Vanni, Kohanaiki Golf Club has subsequently been extensively play tested and handicapped and will shortly be re-released as a final version.

Situated on the big island of Hawaii and designed by Rees Jones it features a number of ocean front holes as well as stunning black volcanic rock lined fairways and black volcanic sand filled bunkers.

Definitely one to look out for as can be evidenced by the following screenshots.

Latsop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Looking good! Punk

They can because they think they can...Virgil
Those who can do,those who understand teach...Aristotle
Adelade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

An exotic location real and quality course? Loving it!

From what I can tell from images the real course has normally coloured sand bunkers, was it intentional to still make them lava coloured? Also I assume no hole previews? ;) Thats ok, just wondering

GMR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: How to Install This Great Course? Reply with quote

The course looks great! Can someone please tell me how to install this .crz file? My computer does not recognize the file type for some reason?

Thank you,
Glenn

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Umm, I don't believe the course has been released yet.

Larry "Axe" Keezer aka Sgt. Sneaky Bastage

Farewell My Friend. You Will Always Be In My Thoughts.
GMR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

I thought this was the Beta course?

http://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2413

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

You are correct on the beta version. All courses hosted here are in a.zip format. You should be able to double click the .zip file once downloaded and extract the .crz file.

GMR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Thanks Scotty, I just remembered I had to copy the .crz file to the Courses folder. All set.

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Glad to help.

2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Looks Like a Cool Course! Reply with quote

This course looks very cool and it will be great to download it once it is available! Thumb Up

2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Review of Kohanaiki Golf Club for Links Reply with quote

I just downloaded the new Kohanaiki Golf Club designed by Sage Vanni for Links and enjoyed playing a few practice holes on this real tropical course. I must say that Sage did a great job with the design and I was intrigued to try this course because it is quite different than most of the Links courses in that there don't seem to be a lot of courses in the "tropical" category and Kohanaiki reminded me a little of Dorado Beach, which was a very early Access Software designed course for Links in the early 90's. In fact, it would be great if someone would be interested in giving Dorado Beach a makeover someday for Links. I am looking forward to playing the entire Kohanaiki course soon and kudos to Sage Vanni for another well-crafted Links course design! Thumb Up

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the nice words......Hope you have a 2 putt round or better.....!!

Sage..... Smile

Adelade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Played through it last night, Sage I know you got fed up with changing courses after release but Im giving my feedback anyway :) Remember Im not expecting or trying to pressure you into changing anything if you dont want to do it, just take it as opinions and feedback.

Started the round with hitting the pin on 2nd shot on the first par 5 hole! Didnt expect hole prevs so that was a pleasant surprise hehe awesome Clap Ideally its nice with a distance marker reference for the first shot to some point in fairway or a significant hazard Whistle but Im very happy to just have hole prevs at all and there were very few blind shots so I shallnt complain! Laugh

The birds were a prominent feature, at one point I got a bit annoyed and wished their sound had been just slightly lower, but then, I suppose being loud and obnoxious is how they work in real life Laugh On hole 3 they were actually nearly almost in the way of my 2nd shot, made me very curious, are they All-Pass-Through objects or not? Hmm... :P

Ran into one unrealistic pin on a slope that made me almost miss two very short putts in a row, think it might have been on far right on hole 3, no big deal. On the other hand, hole 7's green seems to be 100.0% flat except for the ridge between the tiers :/ feels quite unnatural.

I ehem managed to end up in the lava rocks once.. was surprised it was in play, Im generally in favour of there being as little out of bounds or obligatory drop zones as possible apart from water (in large part since the drop rules in Links kinda suck) so it was sort of nice to be able to play it out on the fairway, albeit kinda unrealistic. Do you know if the lava rock is in play or physically playable in real life?

Sadly the course didnt vibe with me too much in terms of how it plays, lot of uninspiring approach shots I thought, with fairways gently leading up to most of the greens without any elevation. Makes sense for a lava field to be flat I think, so obviously thats not on you. Was a nice round all in all though, environments feel nice, especially since its something different than you're used to (Im still wondering about the bunker sand). And there definitely were some very nice holes. I really love hole 14, that was a treat. Hole 15 as well. Sadly maybe not much of a tournament course, but definitely will play it again Smile Thanks for making it Thumb Up

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.