Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.

Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final View older topic :: View newer topic  
Stuart Hatch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Released as a beta version in August of last year by Sage Vanni, Kohanaiki Golf Club has subsequently been extensively play tested and handicapped and will shortly be re-released as a final version.

Situated on the big island of Hawaii and designed by Rees Jones it features a number of ocean front holes as well as stunning black volcanic rock lined fairways and black volcanic sand filled bunkers.

Definitely one to look out for as can be evidenced by the following screenshots.

Latsop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Looking good! Punk

They can because they think they can...Virgil
Those who can do,those who understand teach...Aristotle
Adelade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

An exotic location real and quality course? Loving it!

From what I can tell from images the real course has normally coloured sand bunkers, was it intentional to still make them lava coloured? Also I assume no hole previews? ;) Thats ok, just wondering

GMR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: How to Install This Great Course? Reply with quote

The course looks great! Can someone please tell me how to install this .crz file? My computer does not recognize the file type for some reason?

Thank you,
Glenn

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Umm, I don't believe the course has been released yet.

Larry "Axe" Keezer aka Sgt. Sneaky Bastage

Farewell My Friend. You Will Always Be In My Thoughts.
GMR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

I thought this was the Beta course?

http://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2413

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

You are correct on the beta version. All courses hosted here are in a.zip format. You should be able to double click the .zip file once downloaded and extract the .crz file.

GMR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Thanks Scotty, I just remembered I had to copy the .crz file to the Courses folder. All set.

Scotty
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Glad to help.

2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Looks Like a Cool Course! Reply with quote

This course looks very cool and it will be great to download it once it is available! Thumb Up

2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Review of Kohanaiki Golf Club for Links Reply with quote

I just downloaded the new Kohanaiki Golf Club designed by Sage Vanni for Links and enjoyed playing a few practice holes on this real tropical course. I must say that Sage did a great job with the design and I was intrigued to try this course because it is quite different than most of the Links courses in that there don't seem to be a lot of courses in the "tropical" category and Kohanaiki reminded me a little of Dorado Beach, which was a very early Access Software designed course for Links in the early 90's. In fact, it would be great if someone would be interested in giving Dorado Beach a makeover someday for Links. I am looking forward to playing the entire Kohanaiki course soon and kudos to Sage Vanni for another well-crafted Links course design! Thumb Up

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon - Kohanaiki Golf Club - Final Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the nice words......Hope you have a 2 putt round or better.....!!

Sage..... Smile

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.