Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon

New courses need re-submitting. View older topic :: View newer topic  
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

John/Sage,

Although I was able to fetch the course files OK, I didn't get the course details from the form (due to a server error).

So, can you both fill the form in again for your latest courses.

Andy

brooks2345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Andy

Done

John

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Andy,

Sure thing........

Sage..... Smile

Adelade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Wish they had screenshots :( or some more info pre-download. Thats of course up to you guys, Im just saying. Its too little to go on for me personally to download and try them at this time and I have pretty much 0 idea what I might be missing, which I think is a shame.

fiver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

I wish that every real course that is loaded would have the state, province and or country identified on the download form. Thanks for listening to my nonsense.
Jim

brooks2345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

No problem - next time I do one I'll load a screenshot and where it is.

Cheers

John Brooks

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

brooks2345 wrote:
No problem - next time I do one I'll load a screenshot and where it is.

Cheers

John Brooks

John (and other designers),

If you are going to add screenshots please make them 590 x 442 pixel JPGs no bigger than 50Kb and then I can easily integrate them into the existing screenshot code.

Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Could you add that to the upload page? Thumb Up I didnt see it at a quick glance anyway

fiver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Jim

brooks2345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Have today loaded up Royal St. Kitts, no problem with screenshot 590 x 442 pixels, but can't get remotely near 50 kb - my best is 123kb below.

cheers

john brooks

brooks2345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Nothing appeared to come through - try again

Adelade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Thanks for the efforts everyone :) Already downloaded and tried your 'The Links at Rolling Hills' Sage after I saw the screens added for it yesterday, and gotta say I enjoyed it very, very much! I really liked the combined look of the planting, quite pretty I thought. I was hesitating over whether to play the Back or Middle Tees considering the length but ended up going for Back in the end, Cant say Im a big fan of 480m par 4s xD but I had an amazing day off the tee, not sure if it was because of that but it never felt like the course was too long after all... I think I really like the layout too, would of course love hole previews.. Whistle but in this case I might be willing to offer to make some (basic) ones myself after Im done with my own course if no one else is. The only minor issue that came to my mind was that, while I do like the textures, it was quite difficult to see where the border between greens and fairways go from a distance, but maybe its like that in reality too. Very well done on the course and again thanks for screenshots, keep it up Smile

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

Hi Adelade,

Thanks.......I have a ton of courses not released yet that if you like doing hole previews, you could take a look and do them before I release them. No need to do them for a course already released as final.

I like making a course as real looking as I can at times. hence the texture blending.

Again thanks........

Sage..... Smile

Adelade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: New courses need re-submitting. Reply with quote

You mistake me, I dont like doing it Tongue Id much rather spend time on my own projects, but if the course is one I enjoy as much as that one I wanna have hole previews for my own personal use if nothing else Smile Im not forcing you to re-release it if you dont want to but Ive seen you mention youre open to people making their own edits for your courses if they want to? Id love to try all courses before release but there are so many... I had seen that this course had an upload earlier, but like I said, I had no idea what kinda course it was until the screenshots and then its hard to know which courses to try before all the others I want to try.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray. - Bruce Lansky