Please support Links Corner    

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Any Asian 2d Objects? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

The only thing thats making me hesitate taking on a real course located around East/Southeast Asia next is how difficult the planting set would be, otherwise that is something Id really like to do. Does anyone have any 2d objects or good pictures of such plantlife theyd be willing to share? Or you know Whistle if anyone is going there for vacation or anything in the near future maybe snap one or another picture that would be easy to work in photoshop Big Grin ..Thats why I thought Id make this request sooner rather than later... xD You never know!

It doesnt have to be super region-specific, just enough to have a distinct tropical and/or Asian feel. Other regions around the world with similar climate could perhaps work as well or at least be useful if needed.

(What makes for a good photo easy to work in Photoshop is one where the object of interest is fully or at least almost fully in front of a background with distinctly different, non-plantlike and preferably uniform colour compared to the object. For example the sky)

robsonbight1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Why not go on Google and crop some photos that are already available and online............... Erm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
McCoist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

its not that easy

Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

Some good stuff on google images if you type in tropical png transparent trees and plants.When you get to the page look at the top for tools you will then see that you can enlarge the pictures that you need.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=679&ei=QkItXLmnGYOSa6-qr9AB&q=Tropical+png+transparent+trees+and+plants&oq=Tropical+png+transparent+trees+and+plants&gs_l=img.12...3672.23989..27263...0.0..0.68.2538.41......2....1..gws-wiz-img.....0..0j35i39j0i30j0i8i30.V0uLrAJJB18

You need to left click on the pictures to make them bigger in another window.

Adelade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: photos Reply with quote

robsonbight1 wrote:
Why not go on Google and crop some photos that are already available and online............... Erm

Oh I certainly would do this as well regardless, but if you tried it out yourself I daresay youd probably find its not anywhere as easy as you seem to think to find good pictures, most have other nature disturbing the background at least to some degree, especially for plants that suit dense vegetation areas, and youll want at least decent resolution. Daniel your suggestion of exact search is really helpful, I like it a lot :) However if you wanna respect copyright laws and use the google search filer for that, it greatly slims down the search results... Perhaps one could argue that absolutely no one would care if some Links 2003 golf course designer used their random internet pictures for a non-commercial fictional golf course in a game as old as this, but fundamentally it is wrong. Idk but Im at least not going to mess with any of the pictures with watermarks anywhere on the picture, those people clearly dont want you to use their images without permission. The vast majority of the best google images I came across when I first started hunting had watermarks.

Im currently working on my Swedish nature themed plant set and Ive been doing a lot of editing on existing trees from APCD stock or ones I got permission to use from other designers. Ive created around 20 by myself from images (and yes you certainly can mixture with pictures that have troublesome backgrounds and still make them look pretty good if youre willing to put in extra work and energy into it), and while Ive enjoyed the process for the most part, Im getting VERY burnt out towards the end xD and now only bother with pictures that are easy and quicker to work with. I may be going overboard with detail attention and wide selection of trees but I know for sure that I do not feel up to doing all this again from scratch with a whole new Asian theme if all I have to work with are the APCD stock tropics and what I do myself on google images :/ That would kill me without any help.

I havent even started on Bushes or Grasses type of vegetation... It feels like theres enough selection among APCD stock that I wont have to work on that except for maybe colour correcting for my Swedish course, but I believe the selection for tropical/Asian such is very slim. I can imagine taking or finding good pictures of such are perhaps even harder..

Daniel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

Ok guys here is a folder that I zipped up it as 450mb of trees,grasses,flowers and bushes,maybe some of you will find something that you need.They have all been tested in the APCD and they look fine.I will leave on my server for a few months grab them while you can.

http://www.teeshots-place.uk/files/graphics.zip

Adelade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

Nice Daniel Smile For anyone wondering, the Tree ones are already available from Daniel under APCD Add-On Downloads > Trees, altho there the folder trees3 have some 20 additional ones. On the other hand this upload here has the sub folders Bushes Flowers Grasses and Palm Trees that arent found in the earlier one. I havent yet started lookin into in detail what the plantlife is like in Asia, not to mention actually picking a location and course lol, but I think those should help some indeed Thumb Up Already gratefully using a bunch of them for my Swedish course. Do you know if they are themed around any specific place? I got the vibe from a drier climate from many of them

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

They are just things I cut out over the years not specific to any place,but they may help some designers one way or another.In my spare time I am cutting out other trees and object,when I have accumulated enough I will make them available.

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Any Asian 2d Objects? Reply with quote

Andy if you wish you can delete the trees you have from me and upload the folder with tree, grasses,bushes and flowers.I will have more in a week or two,I have already cut out more trees,shrubs and grasses.Thank you Dan

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond