Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon

New Problem after solving launching problem due to USB issue View older topic :: View newer topic  
stancomputergolfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: New Problem after solving launching problem due to USB issue Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone!

Previously, members of this forum solved my problem of not being able to launch Links 2003. There is a known issue with USB ports crashing the game on Win7.

Thankfully, I have been able to play Links since the problem was solved. Before launching Links, I have to disconnect the charger for my Logitech G933 Artimus headset, and also disconnect the wireless receiver dongle. After doing that, I can play Links, however the sound is now in my internal speakers of the display instead of my headset.

Experimenting to try to get the sound in my headset, so I could talk on Skype or Discord or Team Speak while playing, I have found that I can re-connect the charger, and the wireless receiver dongle AFTER launching Links, without it crashing. However, the sound does not transfer to the headset. It stays in the display speakers, even though the headset is set to "default" in my sound settings. Somehow, the setting is being overridden.

I would appreciate any thoughts on how to solve this issue. Thank you.

dwg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: New Problem after solving launching problem due to USB issue Reply with quote

While USB allows for the dynamic connection and disconnection of devices I very much doubt if Links would, so from a Links perspective devices connected after Links starts are never seen.

If you system has a headset port I suspect that would be the way to go.

Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject: New Problem after solving launching problem due to USB issue Reply with quote

I doubt it would work and please dont blame me if following my unqualified advice by some odd chance causes your computer or game to, you know, freak out or explode or get struck by lightning Stuck Tongue but one thing I would have tried is to put computer to sleep after Links is running and maybe also reconnect the device in conjunction and see if that changes or restarts anything about the sound

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

My clubs are well used, but unfortunately not used well! - Jack Burrell