Please support Links Corner    

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon
Links and Windows 10 View older topic :: View newer topic  
PureSlice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Links and Windows 10 Reply with quote

I am having trouble running LInks with Windows 10. When I start the game, it acts like it is launching, I see the splash screen and the Nvidia graphics 3D message at the bottom. Then it drops back to the desktop. Any ideas? I have tried any number of compatibility settings with no success. Thanks for any help!

Armand

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Links and Windows 10 Reply with quote

Have you installed the v1.07 patch and the nVidia fix for Win7?

PureSlice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Links and Windows 10 Reply with quote

I have but will try again. The funny thing is that I have a laptop with Windows 10 and Links works fine. But the desktop is a no go. I may try to uninstall and reinstall.

Max64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Links and Windows 10 Reply with quote

Check my sticky thread about Links 2003 not launching. It may be your problem.

PureSlice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Links dropping to desktop...fixed Reply with quote

I tried the USB sticky tips...with no success (or maybe some success since I changed the usb ports I was using).. Then I started thinking. I had an RX 580 card before and had to replace it after it became defective. So I installed a GTX 1060. I figured it was worth a shot to install the 1.07 patch and the Nvidia patch again....and Bingo. Works like a charm. I hate to start changing screen resolution now with fear that it may cause problems. Thanks to all. Your tips and help were invaluable. Now back to Links....!

Edit: I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and it went off without a hitch. Forgot how much I missed this game!

Thanks again everyone!

An update..

Links is running rock solid on the system now and could not have done it without the feedback from everyone. I have played some newer golf simulators but forgot how much fun Links is. On the LSPN tour and loving it!

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett