Please support Links Corner    

I play with friends, but we don't play friendly games. -Ben Hogan
Coming Soon To Your PC...Goto page 1, 2  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  
Stuart Hatch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Sage Vanni, the designer that recently brought you Cypress Point, Cumberland Woods and Riverwinds will shortly be releasing three more of his wonderful courses. All three have been tested to iron out the wrinkles, have hole handicaps and are now fully playable.

Here's some screenshots to whet the appetite! They are further proof, if proof was needed, of how far Sage's design skills with APCD have progressed this year.

The courses are Bayonne Golf Club, Prescott Ridge and Falcon Point.

Download and enjoy Punk Clap

guitarzan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Wow, great work! Punk

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Hot da*n!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Ian wells

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Looking very good Sage. Bravo.
Ian

2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:21 am    Post subject: Great Looking Courses, Sage! Reply with quote

Can't wait to download your new courses, Sage! I recently downloaded Cypress Point and it is very cool Thumb Up

Chad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Is Falcon Ridge an update of the John Borycheski course from 2000?

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Chad wrote:
You might be confused about the names Chad. It's Falcon "POINT", not "RIDGE"...

Cheers Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Chad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:08 am    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
Chad wrote:
You might be confused about the names Chad. It's Falcon "POINT", not "RIDGE"...

Cheers Dan

Oops! Chair
Looking forward to these courses Punk

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
robsonbight1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Exciting ...... Reply with quote

Looking forward as always when his courses are released.......Thanks ever so much Sage! Clap Punk Not Worthy Thumb Up

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weeler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Even though I've had exposure to these great designs and more in being
a Beta tester for Sage.....I'm really anxious to see them finally being released for all LINKS fans to enjoy. I agree in recognizing the quality
of Sage's work. Just keeps getting better. I hope this sort of "revitalizes"
the game, and encourages other designers as well !

Ron Weel

Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Im curious are Falcon and Prescott fictional? Otherwise where are their locations?

Dang that Prescott sky file isnt playing around huh, Would you be willing to share it maybe? Smile And if you remember, who made it and did they make other ones? Whistle

gene_golf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Great looking new courses. I have heard from Sage that some of his fictional courses are actually influenced by real courses, whereas some of his courses like Bayonne are based on actual courses without him always naming them as such. There are several real courses such as Cypress point where few have seen them and wonder why the courses are so highly thought of. Here I will provide links to Golf Digest's best courses in USA and the world where some courses I speak of are listed way near the best.
https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-golf-courses-ranking
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/worlds-100-greatest-golf-courses-2016-ranking
I will say that several courses on the lists such as Sand Hills are just replications of links style courses and offer no memorable redeeming factors as does St. Andrews with its moundings and double greens or Carnoustie with its water coming into play on the last couple of long holes to end round there. Just my thinking here: but multiple hazards of water, sand, trees and changes in elevation as well as the holes having a uniqueness about each one of them makes for a more scenic course to play.

Stuart Hatch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

[quote="Dang that Prescott sky file isnt playing around huh, Would you be willing to share it maybe? Smile And if you remember, who made it and did they make other ones? Whistle[/quote]

I'm not sure who made the sky used on Prescott or even the name of it as I play using random skies. However there are plenty to choose from and they can be downloaded here

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30754

It's almost certainly going to be one of those.

Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

@Stuart Oh wow, I thought I had gotten all available ones from LinksCorner but I remember now I only got one of those 3. Thanks

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

gene_golf wrote:
I will say that several courses on the lists such as Sand Hills are just replications of links style courses and offer no memorable redeeming factors

Blink

Wall Bash

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
gene_golf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

JWGriffinGCA wrote:
gene_golf wrote:
I will say that several courses on the lists such as Sand Hills are just replications of links style courses and offer no memorable redeeming factors

Blink

Wall Bash

John

I added in my writing having other natural features such as water and trees that many links style courses are devoid of having as a changeup in design ultimately involving strategy to play the course as well as adding to the aesthetic look of the course. There are some highly rated courses say at Bandon Dunes area that I would include here as similar to Sand Hills that I mentioned. The recent majors played at Chambers Bay and Erin Hills I thought that these newer courses were mismatched to being able to host a major after I saw tournaments played on them. A course that is inland in the USA that has been around for many years Prarie Dunes had the feel of a links style course that made it unique, but recently there have been so many newer courses faking to be links style courses to where it is all too common just in my thinking for them having the acclaim that they are receiving.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

I don't agree with what you are saying, Gene, but everyone is entitled to an opinion. Dunno Wall Bash

Pete

billw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Sage,

Had a chance to take your new courses for a spin. Your work gets better with each new release. I enjoyed playing these courses. Thanks for keeping this wonderful game alive.

billw

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Thanks Bill........much appreciated.......!!!

More to come.......

Sage...... Smile

Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Coming Soon To Your PC... Reply with quote

Looking pretty darned good, Sage! I especially like the sand texture in the first screen shot. Thumb Up

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett