Please support Links Corner    

If I were you, I'd lay off for a couple of weeks...and then quit. - Jimmy Demaret to Johnny Carson
YOU DA MAN! View older topic :: View newer topic  
Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: YOU DA MAN! Reply with quote

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO ELIMINATE THOSE ANNOYING "YOU'RE THE MAN!" CALLS FROM TOURNAMENT SSF? I HAVE EDITED THE SOUNDSCRIPT AND REMOVED THE OFFENDING FILES FROM THE .SND FOLDER BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO SHUT THESE GUYS UP!

PETE

Armand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: YOU DA MAN! Reply with quote

Just to be certain, after you've deleted the unwanted sounds (WAV files), you must rebuild the SSF file by saving the script from within the SSF editor in the game. Depending on the size of the SSF, this could take several minutes.

Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: YOU DA MAN! Reply with quote

Yes, Armand, it is a time consuming task, especially if you tackle the TKS files which I have done extensively. But I although I removed the files in question from the Links 2003 LINKSND folder, they still play when I use tournament.ssn. I think those wav files are also in predefined.ssn but I'm not sure. If you can explain, in simple terms, how to remove them I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Pete

Armand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: YOU DA MAN! Reply with quote

I haven't editted an SSF in about 15-20 years, so I could be mistaken, but to the best of my recollection ....

When you edit the SSF, the game unpacks the WAV files into the \Linksnd folder. You could then listen to each of the WAV files and delete the ones that you don't want to hear. When you save the SSF file, the game will pack the WAV files in the \Linksnd folder back into the revised SSF file.

I think the better way of doing it would be to also determine what events use the WAV file that you don't want to hear and remove the sound from those events (or remove the entire event).

If you have Tournament.SSF selected as the sound file for tournaments, then you need to edit that SSF (and not necessarily the TKS one). Also, don't forget that the sound may even be part of the SSF that is assigned to your player. That is, in a tournament round, you might be getting up to three different sources of sounds playing.

**EDIT**

I wonder if you are editting an SSF file that is being saved in the virtual store path instead of in the main Links installation directory? That could be an issue causing you grief as well. Rather than repeating the editting of the SSF after starting Links with Administrative privileges, search for the following folder and see if the modified SSF lives here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Links 2003

If found, you can probably copy the revised SSF from the virtual store back to the main Links installation folder.

Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: YOU DA MAN! Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Armand.Originally I removed the offending sound files from LINKSND: they were Indimix1ADPCM through Indimix7ADCPM. Then I found out that the "you the man" sounds were still there on tee shots when I used either tournament.ssf or predefined.ssf. It takes only a few minutes to search those files with the Sound Script Editor and there is nothing to edit! I don't believe that they are editable with that Editor. Some how I found my way into one of those ssf files and was confronted with machine language which I surely can't read but I did see files there that could be the ones to eliminate.

Pete

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Hit 'em hard. They'll land somewhere. - Stewart Maiden