Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon
Course Reviews View older topic :: View newer topic  
Acrilix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Course Reviews Reply with quote

I feel sorry for the current designers left on this site. They have few people to turn to when they have issues, and even less to encourage and motivate them when they finally finish their hard work.

Checking the thread below in the 'Course Polls & User Reviews' forum there are still many courses, including my own, that don't have enough votes to calculate a rating accurately or they have only 1 or 2 comments - insufficient to give the designer feedback or the player an idea of what is worth downloading.

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16666

I always tried to encourage people to leave comments for designers, in fact the reason my 'The Dustin Trophy' course was never hosted on Links Corner until just recently was my vain attempt to rectify the situation for the designers around at the time! The situation has gotten a lot worse since then and If the few people left here don't take the time and responsibility to now do this you could well be in the situation soon where there are no more designers here making courses available for you to play at all. I for one would certainly not be interested in making any more courses available if no one was showing the slightest interest in them.
To highlight the issue rather succinctly there has so far been a grand total of 1 review in the Course Polls & Reviews forum this year and that is for a Mike Jones course from 2004!! Erm

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Course Reviews Reply with quote

I am as guilty as anyone for not saying thank you, to the designers, enough. I do thank all of you.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Course Reviews Reply with quote

Acrilix wrote:
I feel sorry for the current designers left on this site. They have few people to turn to when they have issues, and even less to encourage and motivate them when they finally finish their hard work.

To highlight the issue rather succinctly there has so far been a grand total of 1 review in the Course Polls & Reviews forum this year and that is for a Mike Jones course from 2004!! Erm
Hi Lez. I came along around the time that all the great designers were moving on to newer pastures, so to speak. Thank you for the tutorials. For the most part they keep us going. There are still a few designers hanging around that are always willing to help out. I have pretty much relied on them and you and my curiosity and experimentation skills to learn the APCD.

When I released my Northern Lakes courses, I put them up as BETA's hoping to get some feedback. I only received one comment about a seam blend in a bunker. Since I released them as finals, I have had little to no comments at all. I personally thought they were top class jobs, and I tried to inquired about the course review section, but a decision was made at that time to do away with the polls. It would be nice if we had a panel of players that could rate these courses so we could get some idea of what needs improving. It's a tad disheartening spending a year on a course and not getting any kind of feedback.

Kinda reminds me of a sign we had posted at work. "Doing a good job around here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit. It gives you a warm feeling, but nobody notices"

Best wishes,

Dan DeShaney

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Course Reviews Reply with quote

I WANT TO ADD MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE GUYS THAT DESIGN THESE GREAT COURSES. ESPECIALLY TO THOSE THAT BASE THEIR DESIGNS ON REAL COURSES. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE HARD,TEDIOUS WORK AND THE TALENT THAT IS INVOLVED! THANKS AGAIN.

PETE PETERSON

ww2marine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Course Reviews Reply with quote

I have said it many times before. I have always praised and admired the great work all designers do.

I have never downloaded a beta. I wouldn't know a seam blend even if I tripped over one. If the course has a tee box, a fairway and a green that's good enough for me.

I am guilty also of not posting on reviews. All I can say is that I liked the course. If that will satisfy a designer then I will do it.

Bob,

Ride, ride the carousel
Reach for the golden ring
Never to end but to begin again
Life is a circular thing
Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Course Reviews Reply with quote

Would love more reviews! Or possibly some other rating system in place of the removed one. I have so many course download pages bookmarked for 'this might be a good one to try?' without really knowing anything about them because there is little or no info provided. Again, would LOVE if all course download pages had at least a single screenshot!! They dont have to be high quality or anything...

Id offer to do reviews myself as I already have a sheet where I grade courses I try in certain parameters but theyre quite subjective and mostly based off a single casual round, and I dont know enough about courses to have critical analysis to match the old existing reviews.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond