Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Courses to external hard drive View older topic :: View newer topic  
Javert13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Courses to external hard drive Reply with quote

I have an apple computer with boot camp so I can run windows and play Links. My windows partition getting filled. Is it possible to transfer the courses to an external hard drive? If so how?

Thanks

Armand

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Courses to external hard drive Reply with quote

I assume that Bootcamp can see/access your external drive. That being the case, clsoe Links and then simply MOVE the CRZ files from your hard disk to a folder on the external drive using File Explorer or Finder.

Then, start the game and choose OPTIONS and COURSE MANAGER to add courses. Select the drive letter for your external drive and the folder you moved the courses to. Wait for the list to populate and then ADD ALL courses to the game. Links will suggest that you should copy the courses to the \Courses folder to improve performance - DO NOT COPY THE COURSES TO THE \COURSES FOLDER! Just say NO TO ALL on that dialog box and Links will add the courses to the listing in the game.

Playing the courses is exactly the same as before - make sure your external is connected when you start Links and then select the course as usual and play away.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Courses to external hard drive Reply with quote

I would add ...

Do not move driving.rng from the 'COURSES' folder as that can cause problems with lessons (I believe).

Javert13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thanks works fine.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

These damn Axis weapons don't work! - Sgt Sneaky Bastage AKA Axe R.I.P.