Please support Links Corner    

I will shoot my age if I have to live to be 105. - Bob Hope
Design Tool View older topic :: View newer topic  
jimmynoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Design Tool Reply with quote

Hi guys,

This is somehow much easier to master than the APCD and it gives this game additional credit if I am honest.

Believe me, I am still a Links 2003 fan and I have tried design (2 courses) East Neuk Golf Club being my less worst one..but have look at some of the guys on youtube dealing with that design soft, pretty good (from The golf Club 2019). By the way, ball physics is great in this game, give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIhSqNyMkQ8

cheers

Jim

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Design Tool Reply with quote

I saw that TGC2019 just came out recently. This looks like a good video tutorial series. Gameplay reviews have always been mixed with TGC, with putting & chipping getting hammered as being much too difficult. Be curious to hear if they've improved that at all.

Still not entirely sold on some aspects of the graphical capabilities - the lighting, shadows, and textures generally look really good to me (way better than PerfectGolf, which I pretty much ignore anymore), but the objects like trees and grasses still aren't very realistic.

My older son never spent $40 in Steam cards we gave him a few years ago. I was debating about giving TGC2019 a shot with it, but it's $50 list. Probably wait for the initial wave of buyers to fall off and maybe wait for a sale. Or maybe not buy it at all. Last thing I need is another distraction with not enough time!

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think my game is improving? Caddy: Oh yes, sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to.