Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.
Downloaded Duine Mara View older topic :: View newer topic  
2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

I just downloaded the Paul Seaman course "Duine Mara" and am anxious to play it, but noticed that while downloading the course, there are extra "sky" files attached as well and I wondered what directory those should be stored in? Help

2PuttJeff

Danny D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

2PuttJeff wrote:
I just downloaded the Paul Seaman course "Duine Mara" and am anxious to play it, but noticed that while downloading the course, there are extra "sky" files attached as well and I wondered what directory those should be stored in? Help

2PuttJeff
Hi Jeff. Could you tell us what operating system you're using?

In Windows 7 the sky files are located in - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\Skies.

Best wishes,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
gator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

Try this post from Armand - http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33715&start=3, where he provides a google sheets file that can help you with file locations so long as you don't change the default location during install.

Jimbo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

I know that we don't talk politics so take this in the spirit in which it's posted:

When I saw "Dune Mara" I wasn't wearing my reading glasses and thought the name of the course was "Dune Mars". My immediate reaction was to think of the Trump "Space Patrol" and the colonization of the Red Planet. I then wondered how long it would take Trump to build his first resort there, featuring the "Dune Mars" golf course:

1. Good news - you'll be able to hit the ball 1,000 yards with your sand wedge,
2. Speaking of sand wedge, you'll have to bring several-ever a perfect shot will be in the bunker.

Fire away! Whistle

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

Jimbo, the whole family is flying to Victoria at the end of the month for my Dad's 96th Birthday (Aug 4th) . If you need any help I could take a couple of days to find you a Hospital equal to the Whitby facility!
Yes Yes
Cheers, Dave

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

Hi Captain-if you're bringing your clubs there's lotsa year round golf out here, including Jack Nicklaus' Bear Mountain where the Senior PGA plays. I posted some pictures from last year's tournament...it's rather "hilly".

As provincial capitals go, Vic is a little on the "provincial" side If you know what I mean...and the price of gasoline is "interesting"! Wall Bash
People like to complain about the rain out here-the weather has been sunny and mild for the past three months-as they said in "Camelot" the rain doesn't fall until after sundown-and we've avoided the heatwave that hit your part of the continent.

But I still miss the GTA...I hear that Scotiabank has taken over the naming rights to the ACC-it's now going to be called the ATM and thanks to the Tavares signing fans will be able to arrange bank loans to pay for their tickets! Naughty Naughty Naughty

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Downloaded Duine Mara Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Jimbo. Been going to Vic a couple of times a year for 50 years, so I am the expert and you are the Rookie. Anything you need to know just ask. Yes

Unfortunately, I am not golfing (2 years now) because of an arthritic hip. Sad because we have tried to Golf Bear Mountain several times since it opened, We have been rained out, fogged out and snowed out. Surrender

However, we always try to get back over there a few times during our trips for a mountain hike and lunch and a beer afterwards. This year we have rented a house near Ogden Point (got the kids and the grand kids this time). Yikes! Somebody please save me! Private message me if you are interested in getting together.
Cheers Dave.

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer (screaming): You've got to be the worst caddy in the world!
Caddy: I doubt it sir. That would be too much of a coincidence!