Please support Links Corner    

You've just one problem. You stand too close to the ball--after you've hit it. - Sam Snead
Water surface issues View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

I know this issue has come up before. Does anyone know the definitive fix for streaks showing up on the water surface in the game.....???? I'm about ready to never add water to my courses again.

Sage.....

Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

Yes, make sure your water is the lowest texture on your course. This was the first thing I would do. Click on a vert of your water and see the height and then check it against any low areas of your course. It could be a down hill drop for a fairway or just a simple extrude of a bunker.

For future courses, always make a point of height levels when you start as I had this problem many years ago.

A simple fix would be to lower the water a bit at the time but it may ruin the look of your course.

Good luck and take care...

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

Hi OldJoe.......Yep....that's what I did. Parts of my current course are below some of the water areas. I decided since I don't want to ruin my course, I changed the configuration of the terrain around the 2 holes in question and it now is more in line with the name of the course. Deep Creek. Holes 9 and 18 are now playing around a deep creek.

Thanks for the input........Sage...... Smile

Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

Well I hope it helped, good to see back on track with your course. Lucky it is called deep creek as it just got a bit deeper. Keep going...

Danny D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
Hi OldJoe.......Yep....that's what I did. Parts of my current course are below some of the water areas. I decided since I don't want to ruin my course, I changed the configuration of the terrain around the 2 holes in question and it now is more in line with the name of the course. Deep Creek. Holes 9 and 18 are now playing around a deep creek.

Thanks for the input........Sage...... Smile
Which course did you see the streaks in Sage. I'm aware of the problem and have had the same issue, but I've got an idea that I wanted to try the next time I encounter it.

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Acrilix

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Water surface issues Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWisToOH-O0
This is a video I made many years ago on how to find problem verts causing reflection issues.

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.