Please support Links Corner    

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond
apcd site shut downGoto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  
pmgolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Golfminchy - you've got a PM.

Pete

gator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

I updated my charts on the first page to reflect Art Patscheck's courses being available for free download. Also, I emailed John Aherne regarding his K Club 2 pack and his 2006 Ryder Cup version of K Club Palmer. Will advise if/when he responds.

gene_golf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

gator wrote:
I updated my charts on the first page to reflect Art Patscheck's courses being available for free download. Also, I emailed John Aherne regarding his K Club 2 pack and his 2006 Ryder Cup version of K Club Palmer. Will advise if/when he responds.

pmgolf gave them up previously here in Links it seems without getting John Aherne's permission:

Forum: Course Corner Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 pm Subject: K Club
I don't see the link for the 2 K Club courses, so I've included them here.

K Clup - Palmer Course
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g114y8l7rhw8r47/K%20Club%20Palmer%20Course_locked.crz?dl=0
K Club Smu ...

gowoods

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Gator.

In the deep dark recesses of my Aging Brain I seem to remember that whilst John initially had permission to reproduce the Courses for Links, the permission was withdrawn after he released them to the Links Community, not sure if it was both or just the Smurfit variant, either way they were withdrawn for download, only the Palmer variant is available for play @ LSPN.

gene_golf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

gowoods wrote:
Gator.

In the deep dark recesses of my Aging Brain I seem to remember that whilst John initially had permission to reproduce the Courses for Links, the permission was withdrawn after he released them to the Links Community, not sure if it was both or just the Smurfit variant, either way they were withdrawn for download, only the Palmer variant is available for play @ LSPN.

Seeing that John Aherne was involved with company Golfgraffix, they may have asked him to discontinue the 2 K Club courses here in Links. www.golfgraffix.com/Portfolio.html

gowoods

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

You could well be correct Gene, it certainly had something to do with Copyright & therefore not allowing them to be used by the Links Community

gene_golf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

gowoods wrote:
You could well be correct Gene, it certainly had something to do with Copyright & therefore not allowing them to be used by the Links Community

I mentioned John Aherne and his company. Mike Jones had this company that he works for: 3dgolfdesign.com/about.html. Also Mike Jones was one of the founders along with Andrew Jones of Perfect Parallel, that became Perfect Golf and is now Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf. Wayne Hewitt has his site: https://www.facebook.com/hewisgolfdesignpage/ where can see various projects that he is involved and getting paid for. It looks as if he put to use his expertise of designing courses originally in Links as did the other 2 gentlemen mentioned to go on and make use of their talents to make a living IRL.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

gene_golf wrote:
pmgolf gave them up previously here in Links it seems without getting John Aherne's permission:

Forum: Course Corner Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:44 pm Subject: K Club
I don't see the link for the 2 K Club courses, so I've included them here.

K Clup - Palmer Course
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g114y8l7rhw8r47/K%20Club%20Palmer%20Course_locked.crz?dl=0
K Club Smu ...

If I passed along any Links courses it was for the personal use of that individual because IMO Links is nearing the end of its useful life. Seeing it redistributed here is infuriating and a betrayal of trust!

Pete

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

More good news.

I have been in touch with Tim Boche and he has agreed to the free download of his three courses which were sold as a three pack.

If anyone has the original file(s) I would be grateful if they could send them to me via We Transfer or whatever other site they use and then I can upload them to our servers.

gator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Andy,

Uploading now. I will PM you the link when it is completed.

gator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Andy, PM sent.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

gator wrote:
Andy, PM sent.

Got it thanks.

The three courses from Tim Boche are now available. Thumb Up

Acrilix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

In memory of my brother who died last month I will also give permission for my Dustin Trophy course to be hosted at Links Corner, if somebody has the zip file to upload. I think it should include an MOP, AI picture, and a sky with the course.

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
Armand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

So sorry to hear of your brother's passing, Lez. I think he went by merky online, if I'm not mistaken. May he rest in peace.

I don't have the original Dustin Trophy ZIP file, but someone else will no doubt.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

I don't have it either. Sorry about your brother, Lez.

Pete

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

I too am sorry to hear about your brother's passing, Lez. Sad

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Acrilix wrote:
In memory of my brother who died last month I will also give permission for my Dustin Trophy course to be hosted at Links Corner, if somebody has the zip file to upload. I think it should include an MOP, AI picture, and a sky with the course.

I found the zipfile Lez but no sign of a sky in it. Dunno

I posted the course anyway.

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Oh wow, Lez, I'm very sorry to hear about Merky Mik. Thoughts and prayers for you...

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Armand

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

I wonder if the sky file mentioned was for Ackerton Cross?? Dunno

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: apcd site shut down Reply with quote

Armand wrote:
I wonder if the sky file mentioned was for Ackerton Cross?? Dunno

You're probably right. That's one of the best skies he ever made, in my opinion.

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.