Please support Links Corner    

Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one did not float too well. - Craig Stadler
Water on the fringe View older topic :: View newer topic  
nicodaft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Water on the fringe Reply with quote

Hi everybody, could someone explain to me why my ball came into an hazard!!!

I've changed nothing, just opened with APCD to find an idea and found a seam blend with "running water on the fringe!??Scared

Tuto to change that please guys, i don't know how to do

Thanks

Hole 8 St Andrews HD

sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Water on the fringe Reply with quote

You have to make sure the original textures are set correctly....Then you have redo the seam blend. That's how I do it.

Sage

Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Water on the fringe Reply with quote

nicodaft wrote:
Hi everybody, could someone explain to me why my ball came into an hazard!!!

I've changed nothing, just opened with APCD to find an idea and found a seam blend with "running water on the fringe!??Scared

Tuto to change that please guys, i don't know how to do

Thanks

Hole 8 St Andrews HD

Hi nicodaft

There's a possibility you may have a lot of your seam blends scrambled. To change texture 2 back to normal, click on the dropdown box and choose the proper texture from the list. Make sure texture 1 matches the middle texture under the alpha, and texture 2 matches the bottom texture in your seam blend texture assignments. You may need to go over the programming on ALL of your seam blends and make sure they all have the correct programming,

On another note.

I see that you cloned an ASPHALT texture to use for a rough-to-tee seam-blend. As you can see in your picture, it has an ASPHALT lie assignment which is not changeable. This is a common error a lot of us beginners make. I've done it many times. Wall Bash All you can really do to fix it is to create a different one by cloning a different texture and assigning the textures, path, and multiple that the old one is using. I would not delete the old one. Just remove its properties from the path and multiples and assign them to the new one you are replacing it with. Just leave it alone and don't assign it to any seam blends anywhere. If its not assigned to anything the APCD will ignore it when you do a save & verify.

Let me make some suggestions for you for future reference. (Please note that this is my own method. There's nothing that says you HAVE to do this. It's just that I'm sometimes a stickler for neatness and organization, and it works well for me. Hopefully it may be of help to others)

When you need to clone a texture, go down through the texture list and find one that has the lie icon that you want your new one to have, and then select that texture and clone it. Since you were creating a seam-blend for a teebox, I would have scrolled down to a TEE texture because it has a TEE lie icon in it. Now select it, choose CLONE, and then go into it and create your seam-blend for ruff2tee.

Now that you are in it, assign the ALPHA, and then the 2 textures you want blended.

(a friendly tip)
Assigning textures and all of the properties involved in programming them to completion for a seam blend can be really confusing, and a little overwhelming when you first start out. Do yourself a big favor now by developing a STANDARDIZED method of assigning them. Here's what I suggest so there is never any confusion.

Always choose a texture to clone that has the same type of LIE icon that you want your seam blend to have.

Always name and program seam-blends from outside the course toward the inside of the course. Never go from inside and outward. For example, start in the woods and go inward toward the fairway. If you do, the seam blends would be named and programmed something like this.

woods2deepfuf
deepruf2ruf
ruf2fwyfringe
fwyfringe2fwy

ruff2sand-lip
sand-lip2sand

ruf2grnfringe
grnfringe2grn (notice that all of these names are always moving inward toward their final destinations)

Follow the same rule for the water, fairways, greens and bunkers. Always make textures assignments go from the outside of the course toward the inside of the course.

Now when you set up the texture assignments and the multiples, there will be no confusion about which one is texture 1 and texture 2. You will always be aware in the back of your mind that texture 1 is the outermost texture in your seam blends and multiples.

I hope that helped.

Good luck,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
nicodaft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Water on the fringe Reply with quote

Thanks it is OK now

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray. - Bruce Lansky