Please support Links Corner    

Golf is a game that needlessly prolongs the lives of some of our most useless citizens. - Bob Hope
APP Compatabiliy View older topic :: View newer topic  
Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

I found this program that I found very useful.I run Windows 10 Pro and was having problems with a fast swing meter once I got this program and ran it my problem disappeared right away.I thought it might help others that are having problems with other issues using Windows 10. I believe that Windows Home edition does not give many options for compatibility mode this gives you the option from Windows 95 all the way up to Windows 10 all with the service patches.When you run it it puts a file in the registry fooling the game that it is on a different OS whether it be Windows 95 or Windows 10.Nothing lost in giving it a go is there.Read all about what it does on the download page.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_compatibility_view.html

I hope it can help some in there quest to play the game again.Good Luck.Daniel.

BTW This utility doesn't require any installation process or additional DLL files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - AppCompatibilityView.exe.I found this to be a great little program.

MrMoggie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Daniel

This is excellent

Sage, Wayne and Ian posted responses in the Designers Forum to my issue with forest planting and using Daniel's link to this utility solves it.

Using an earlier OS compatibility with this utility allows you to forest plant in APCD in Win 10.

Andy - you might want to move this response to my forest plant issue in the Designers Forum.

Steve

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Glad it was of help to you Steve. Seems people think what is the point in using it as you can right click on properties on an icon and do the same thing.But this little program works.All you do is drag your Game or the APCD Icon into the work area and tell it what you want using the tabs on the top of the program and it seems to do it.Solved my problem and my mates problem of a fast meter in Links 2003.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

It does not work for me........It might for others and if it does.......AWESOME...!!!!!!

Sage...... Sad

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Sage did you drop the APCD icon into the work area and pick your preferences.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Hey Daniel,
Yeah I have tried multiple combinations of settings.......So far nothing works. Will keep trying.....maybe something will work.

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

It could depend on what version of Windows 10 you are running or even graphics card.But seems to work for some of us.Hope you find a solution some time Sage.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Well......what I do now is transfer my course to my old comp that I got working.......Sorta......Do my forest planting there then transfer back to new comp......works OK for now.......

Daniel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Silly question but what version of Windows do you use 32bit or 64 bit did you use the right version Sage.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: APP Compatabiliy Reply with quote

Using 64 bit win 10.......downloaded the 64 bit version......maybe I didn't.....will do a new download for the 64 bit and give it another try......will let you know tomorrow........night all....!!!!!!

Sage......Peace

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.