Please support Links Corner    

Your best shots in golf are your practice swing and the conceded putts. You'll never master the rest! - Lord Robertson
Bellerive CC View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Bellerive CC Reply with quote

Hi John... Smile

Bellerive is a monster! Whatever made you take on that course? Roll Eyes At the beginning of this year, I went looking for a real course here in my home state of Missouri to replicate, and I actually was going to give it a go, but Google Earth satellite photos must not have been updated at the time. I couldn't make out the course well enough to even map it out. I noticed that problem has been solved. It looks awesome now on Google Earth.

I only lived 6.5 miles (as the crow flies) from Bellerive CC back when I lived in St Louis County. I recall having a service call at the clubhouse there one day, and met Hale Irwin out on the putting green.

Bellerive was the site of the 1992 PGA, won by Nick Price. As luck would have it, my daughter worked for the company that did the embroidery work and made up some flags for them. She gave one to me. Here's a picture.

Cheers! Cheers

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
brooks2345

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Bellerive CC Reply with quote

Wow!

I only did Bellerive broadly so that Linksters could play it when the USPGA goes there later this year - I'm trying to ensure that we get at least all the Major Courses and Ryder Cup venues up and running - but my Courses are pretty basic,(and unlocked) so as you live just down the road, you're more than welcome to add/amend as necessary..

It's pretty warm there in August I assume??

Cheers

John Brooks

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Bellerive CC Reply with quote

brooks2345 wrote:
Wow!

I only did Bellerive broadly so that Linksters could play it when the USPGA goes there later this year - I'm trying to ensure that we get at least all the Major Courses and Ryder Cup venues up and running - but my Courses are pretty basic,(and unlocked) so as you live just down the road, you're more than welcome to add/amend as necessary..

It's pretty warm there in August I assume??

Cheers

John Brooks
I don't live in that area any more. Now that I'm retired I live about a hundred mile south of St Louis . I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Whistle Laugh And YES, it can get pretty hot and humid around these parts in August.

I'm keeping myself tied up on a Tom Watson design called "The International GC of Kansas City MO". Watson claims it's his best design ever. I have tons of work left, but so far it's coming along ok. I hope to get it done by the end of the year.

Good luck,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Dear God, is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his golf words in the house? -Anita, age 7