Please support Links Corner    

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon
Sad Reality, View older topic :: View newer topic  
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Sad Reality, Reply with quote

To Sage Vanni and John Brooks:

To paraphrase Madonna, "So many courses so little time!" :))

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
brooks2345

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Sad Reality, Reply with quote

Dead right Captain.

As I see it, there are two types of people playing Links golf. I tend to equate them with artists.

On the one side, you've got the Classicos (like Rubens and Michaelangelo), who produce amazing Courses that would take me over a year minimum to create (and as I'm 72 next month I just don't have that sort of time).

On the other side, you've got the Impressionists (like Monet and Van Gogh) who create pretty good Courses fairly quickly for lots of people to enjoy. I reckon that a fair number are drawn to this second group, whose Courses (because of the time factor) are not of such a high standard but give just as much enjoyment (look at Erin Hills last year, the only show in town...).

You've probably heard of APCD (A program causing divorce) and it means I'm strictly limited for time. I've been stuck in front of a computer screen with my left leg in plaster due to a ruptured - i.e. broken, not torn - achilles tendon since 13th February and am just starting to walk again now (no driving, plying real golf, climbing stairs and having a shower were nightmares.......). So after a time, my boredom threshold is breached and a new Course is just the therapy needed!

Don't worry, the flow will subside once I get back on that pesky golf course!!

Cheers

John Brooks
Thumb Up

linka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Sad Reality, Reply with quote

Well put John and I am delighted you have rewarded us, as a result of your misfortune and I hope you recover soon!.

I appreciate all the courses, you take the time to build and share.

Even though I appreciate the masterpieces, they do not make me play any better,

As long as course are playable, I am satisfied.

Thanks to all those designers who give their time and effort to share their courses.

Cheers
Brian

Weeler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Sad Reality, Reply with quote

Mr. Brooks......I truly sympathize with your Achilles situation. About 25
years ago, I completely snapped my left tendon while playing doubles
tennis. I had to have it surgically repaired .I went through the plaster cast thing for 8 weeks,
and subsequent rehab to build up the muscle. I was pretty much "incapacitated" for more than 10 weeks.As you know,
it's no small ordeal.
I, for one, appreciate ANY efforts toward adding to the Links course
files. You were the only one who managed to get Erin Hills out in time for
last year's US Open, and you did a great job with the accuracy of the layout and hole design,
and Matt helped out with some finishing touches
to make it available. ( I'm partial to the course, since I live not more than
25 miles away ).
Links is still my favorite golf sim, and I hope that many others feel that way, so that it can continue to exist !

Thanks to all of you designers.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse. - Anon