Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.
Winged Foot EastGoto page 1, 2  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  
Ian wells

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Now that I am almost finished Wade Hampton I am considering Winged Foot East if nobody else is building it.

Is anybody building Winged Foot East?

Thanks,

Ian

milwsteve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian I don't think anyone is working on Winged Foot East I been wanting to play this course look forward to seeing do it and look forward to playing it.

robsonbight1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

As would I....... Punk

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
linka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Loved Wade Hampton and look forward to Winged Foot East, as did not know it existed, so is a great surprise.

Cheers
Brian

milwsteve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian have you started Winged Foot east yet really looking forward to seeing this course in the game.would love to see you do this course.

Ian wells

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

I began to look at Winged Foot in more detail after I issued the beta version of Wade Hampton, but before I could put pencil to paper the problems with Wade Hampton were highlighted.
Once I clear the problems with Wade Hampton, or admit defeat at so doing, I will return to looking at Winged Foot East.

Thanks for your interest and I hope I can complete it.

milwsteve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Thank You Winged Foot East would be a welcome addition to Links 2003 I love the course and I think you would do a great job on it.

ww2marine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Winged Foot East.

An A.W. Tillinghast course (1923)

Some of the strongest par 3s in the country.

Bob,

Ride, ride the carousel
Reach for the golden ring
Never to end but to begin again
Life is a circular thing
gene_golf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

The West Course is a par 72 that measures 7,264 yards. The East Course is a par 72 that measures 6,750 yards. Golf Digest' ranked the West Course 10th and the East Course 62th in its 2017-18 listing of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses. Not sure what version, probably the West that was once available for download at APCD site, but was not a member. The West course will host the 2020 U.S. Men's Open and has the memorable par 3 #10th hole. By the way Phil Mickelson lost the 2006 U. S. Men's Open there to Geoff Ogilvie after leading going into last hole with a wayward drive. That is the only major Mickelson does not have.

gator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Winged Foot Reply with quote

I was a member over at APCD Courses for a couple years before the crash and I downloaded all of the exclusive courses as well as paid for and downloaded all of the P2P/P4P courses that were available there. Because APCD Courses site is shutting down and Winged Foot West was an exclusive and not a P2P/P4P, here is a link to download Winged Foot West - https://we.tl/qYNWFNP384. The link will be available for 7 days. The Links version of Winged Foot West was designed by Ross Mackenzie and was setup for the 2006 US Open at 7,294 yards, par 70.

Ian, sorry to hijack your post, I am looking forward to your version of Winged Foot East.

Ian wells

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

gator,
No problem, I am sure the members will be a lot more excited about getting Winged Foot West to play than my intentions to do Winged Foot East.
Ian

milwsteve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian You would do a great job with Winged Foot East I would love to see it in Links 2003I would play the course a lot.

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Hi gentlemen...

I was reading over this post about Winged Foot and have some questions for some of you that are familiar with the courses. Let me state right up front that I know absolutely NOTHING about the Winged Foot courses and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Laugh When I saw this thread, I thought I would go take a look at it on Google Earth. That leads me to some questions.

First, I assume WF west, and WF East are all on the same common grounds on Fenimore Road, in Mamaroneck, NY. It looks like there are 2 courses squeezed together side-by-side. After looking it over for a while, I started wondering what it is that is so appealing about the courses. From looking it over on Google Earth, it appears fairly flat and wide open and uninteresting. The tee boxes are all perfectly straight-edged and rectangle shaped, and the greens are some of the oddest shaped and most armature looking greens I've ever seen. What is it about these courses that would make them special enough to want to replicate for Links?

Please don't anyone misunderstand the meaning of my post. I'm not trying to put down Winged Foot. I understand it's a well known place, but after looking it over, I have to wonder what the attraction is. What I saw just didn't strike me as anything special.

I took a screen shot of it on my ultra-wide monitor, but didn't want to attach it to this message because it's 3440x1440 in size. I provided a link to it instead.

If someone that is familiar with it can take a look at the picture and identify which is the east and west course, I would appreciate it. Google Earth or Maps doesn't identify which is which...

http://users.isp.com/dannyd/winged_foot.jpg

Thanks,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Ian wells

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Hi Dan,
These are links to identify the two courses:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/winged-foot-gc-east-course-tour

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/winged-foot-golf-club-west-course-tour

You are correct about the courses being flat. Perhaps that was what attracted me after Wade Hampton.

Ian

pete

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Keep up the good work Ian & many thanks, thanks also to gator for Winged Foot West

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian wells wrote:
Hi Dan,
These are links to identify the two courses:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/winged-foot-gc-east-course-tour

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/winged-foot-golf-club-west-course-tour

You are correct about the courses being flat. Perhaps that was what attracted me after Wade Hampton.

Ian
Thanks Ian. By the way, I sent you a PM when you have a minute...

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
milwsteve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian I look forward to playing Winged Foot East it does have very challenging par 3's on the course and the photos I have of Winged Foot East it is a beautiful course just not as well known as the west course.

Ian wells

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

[/quote]Thanks Ian. By the way, I sent you a PM when you have a minute...

Dan[/quote]

Dan,
Thanks for your PM. I am having problems with receiving notifications on post and PMs and sending PMs.

I have written a PM to you but it sits in the outbox and will not move, as does a PM to Andy.

Hopefully Andy will charge to my rescue and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Ian

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian wells wrote:
Thanks Ian. By the way, I sent you a PM when you have a minute...

Dan[/quote]

Dan,
Thanks for your PM. I am having problems with receiving notifications on post and PMs and sending PMs.

I have written a PM to you but it sits in the outbox and will not move, as does a PM to Andy.

Hopefully Andy will charge to my rescue and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Ian[/quote]Got it, and thanks for the reply!

Dan Cheers

milwsteve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Winged Foot East Reply with quote

Ian I look forward to your progress on Winged Foot East I am looking forward to playing the course when you get it finished I am going to play your course West Hampton.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.