Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon
very slow rendering View older topic :: View newer topic  
linka

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

I have links 2003 on my computer with Intel graphics, but has very slow redraws,

I have 8gb memory, i5 6400 and 530 intel graphics

It is a painful experience and off have the weakest settings in all categories 2-3 minutes rendering.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Brian

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: very slow rendering Reply with quote

linka wrote:
I have links 2003 on my computer with Intel graphics, but has very slow redraws,

I have 8gb memory, i5 6400 and 530 intel graphics

It is a painful experience and off have the weakest settings in all categories 2-3 minutes rendering.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Brian

You might want to look this over. It has solved many players problems and may help you too.

Good luck

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34271

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
linka

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

Thanks Danny and I will let you know.

Cheers
Brian

linka

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

Hi Danny,

Unfortunately did not make any difference, as I did all the things you suggested and still very slow redraws.

Has anyone else got any suggestions.

The frame count is 30-31 so that is OK.

Thanks
Brian

Danny D

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

linka wrote:
Hi Danny,

Unfortunately did not make any difference, as I did all the things you suggested and still very slow redraws.

Has anyone else got any suggestions.

The frame count is 30-31 so that is OK.

Thanks
Brian
I have no other suggestions, but I can tell you the 30/31 frame rate is normal, and as good as it gets with Links.

Good luck,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
PinHi1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

Not sure if this will help - I have found that if I have more than 60 courses in game I would have it slow down. So I keep it at 60 or less. May or may not be helpful. Smile

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

Same as above - don't know if this will help but:

I have a 12 year old PC. It came with 1gig of memory and a 250 gig (225 gig free space) hard drive and Integrated Nividia Video . I never had any problems with redraws in links. However, in 2014, I upgraded a graphic design program I have, and that caused several design slow down problems with that program.. My then neighbour (a computer guru) determined I needed more memory and installed a 2 gig and 1 gig card in the free slots, This gave me 3.5 gigs memory (max available under XP). Graphic design issues solved!

Unfortunately, recently my hard drive started to fill up (18% free space) and on some courses in Links redraws slowed to a crawl. Initially, moving my graphics creations to a backup drive resolved the issue as I got to 30% free space but with all the new courses available that soon was used up and the slow redraws returned. Hence the post below, which again has resolved the small hard drive issue for awhile,

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34327

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
linka

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

I have removed all my courses except one, but redraws are still about 2 minutes +.

I will try accessing from another location.

I appreciate this help.

Cheers
Brian

linka

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: very slow rendering Reply with quote

I had GBC and TW08 courses on the hard disc and transferred to another hard disc and this solved the problem, so thanks for your help Captain Nemo.

I had only 2% hard disc left and now have more than 30%.

Thanks to everyone for your advice, so I can enjoy the game again and now I know what to do and have covered all the options.

Cheers
Brian

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Forum Lobby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Talking to a golf ball won't do you any good. Unless you do it while your opponent is teeing off. - Bruce Lansky