Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday? Caddy: The way you play, sir, it's a sin any day of the week!
Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. View older topic :: View newer topic  
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. Reply with quote

I'm struggeling for space on my old internal hard drive. I use a 3 year old 500gig Verbatim Drive for backups. Lot's of free space available. Would be nice if I could move the "Courses" directory over to the Verbatim and access them from their. Is that possible? if so, are there any "tricks" I need to know about to make "Courses" accessible from Links on my PC

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
sagevanni

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. Reply with quote

Hi Nemo,
You can move them anywhere you want. You just have to reload them in the links game options - course manager from the new location. I think you can just reload the new location ones directly over the old location ones. I like to remove the old ones 1st, then reload them from the new location. If you need more help I can probably do some screen shots for you to guide you through it. Hope this helps......

Sage

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. Reply with quote

Thanks Sage:
Started getting (again) slow redraws (20 to 40 secs) on some courses
Moved Courses directory and followed your other instructions.This took my hard drive's (225 gigs) free space from 80 to 139 gigs. Did a few test holes and now redraws are fast ( from almost instantaneous to about 5 secs). Everything old is new again!

Cheers, Dave Clap Smile

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Danny D

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. Reply with quote

Captain Nemo wrote:
Thanks Sage:
Started getting (again) slow redraws (20 to 40 secs) on some courses
Moved Courses directory and followed your other instructions.This took my hard drive's (225 gigs) free space from 80 to 139 gigs. Did a few test holes and now redraws are fast ( from almost instantaneous to about 5 secs). Everything old is new again!

Cheers, Dave Clap Smile
You can also just burn them to CD's or DVD's and insert them before you start Links. Also, make sure you delete your shadows periodically. They can eat up a lot of drive space too...

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Moving and Running Links to an External Hard Drive. Reply with quote

Hi Dave.......glad that worked out for you.......

Sage..... Clap

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Swing hard in case you hit it. - Dan Marino