Please support Links Corner    

This hole right here can have a par of anything you want it to be. Yesterday it was a par 47 - and I birdied the sucker. - Willie Nelson
Links Season Play? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Links Season Play? Reply with quote

I have a selection of Seasons others members have created, but I have never played. I would like to know if I can add or change courses as I play the Season?

The first Season I chose to play had (right off), several older courses I had removed from my tiny old hard drive due to space limitations. I would like to replace these with whatever is the latest version or sometimes another course altogether.. Does that mean I have to review and edit the whole season just to change maybe 12 courses, before I can even start playing that Season?

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
rollej

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Links Season Play? Reply with quote

well, as far as I know you can change Courses without problems in seasons, I do that a lot....

just don't change number of rounds or competitors or such...

Links will tell you when you save if there is a risk that players on that season will be affected....

play on :)

Roland Johansson
Göteborg, Sweden

RTS Elite
Courses played: 665 , Rounds played: 3331
ppease

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: yes you can Reply with quote

My experience is that yes you can change a tournament any time before you start playing that tournament. I have changed courses, course conditions (speed, firmness), and difficulty. The one thing you can not change is the roster of players you are competing against.

Phil
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Links Season Play? Reply with quote

Great! Thanks for your help guys. Yes

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
shaun1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Links Season Play? Reply with quote

if you are talking about career mode,then you can change whatever you like,including rosters.i play a 48 week season and always change the roster to mirror the current world rankings.it is laborious retyping 200 names at the start of each season but it is worth it imo for more realism.
you will always have to create a new player if you change anything but you can always just rename the player you have just used and then create a new one with your correct name...e.g rename your player say Bill Blogs to Bill Blogs1 and create a new player as Bill Blogs and start a new season.REMEMBER...you can't change anything in the season once you start.
since i have been back in Links after a few years off i have even been tinkering with the variables..Target etc to get the roster players to play at my level and am just about there now.
i even created a roster of the current Champions Tour players and occasionally run a season on that tour for a change.their abilities stay the same just the names change.
once you create a roster you want just copy the pro roster file some where in your computer and when you are ready to start a new season copy and paste the roster back into the career mode folder
still annoyed that the career mode doesn't have a playoff for equal winners but i have a work around for that but that is another story.
hope this helps..

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

If I were you, I'd lay off for a couple of weeks...and then quit. - Jimmy Demaret to Johnny Carson