Please support Links Corner    

Talking to a golf ball won't do you any good. Unless you do it while your opponent is teeing off. - Bruce Lansky
Looking for Fall Colored Trees... View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Hello again gentlemen.

I'm going to be needing some trees that have a little mild fall colors in them. Nothing bold or anything. I'm talking about some that would resemble this overhead view. Does anyone know where I might find some trees with colors similar to this, or would it be reasonably possible to edit some existing trees and change their colors?

Can someone give me some advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Ian wells

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I am a complete beginner at photo manipulation, but I managed to add come color to trees with the help of GIMP. I selected the area I wanted to change and then "played-around" with the Color tab (Hue-Saturation, Color Balance, Curves and Brightness-Contrast) . For some trees I couldn't get the desired effect but for others it came out OK.

I am sure more well informed members will be able to tell you how to do it properly.

Good luck.

Ian

Daniel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees. Reply with quote

You can change the color of trees in Photoshop quite easy. I think Gimp will also have a tool that can do it to.Here is a few pictures showing you how to do it in Photoshop.

You can also just color part of the tree if you wish to.

I hope this can help you.

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Dan, I agree with Daniel that Photoshop should make this pretty easy. You can also select areas by color (Select - Color Range...) and then click on the leaves for example, and you can also press the button with the + sign next to the eyedropper to keep clicking which will add to the selection. You can then do the adjustments like Daniel showed. That way you only adjust the leaves and not the trunk.

Or you can also do Image - Adjustments - Hue/Saturation and then click on the dropdown which is defaulted to Master - that allows you to select a specific color range to adjust (like Red, Yellow, or Green) and then drag the sliders to adjust as desired. It takes a bit of experimentation but it does provide good results if you keep at it. I've used it for textures but haven't messed with objects yet.

Of course you have to update the object image in your Object Library - see Lez video 46 for more details on object editing (and maybe 47 too).

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Ian wells wrote:
Hi Dan,

I am a complete beginner at photo manipulation, but I managed to add come color to trees with the help of GIMP. I selected the area I wanted to change and then "played-around" with the Color tab (Hue-Saturation, Color Balance, Curves and Brightness-Contrast) . For some trees I couldn't get the desired effect but for others it came out OK.

I am sure more well informed members will be able to tell you how to do it properly.

Good luck.

Ian
Thanks Ian. I'll need that luck Laugh

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Fall Colored Trees. Reply with quote

Daniel wrote:
You can change the color of trees in Photoshop quite easy. I think Gimp will also have a tool that can do it to.Here is a few pictures showing you how to do it in Photoshop.

You can also just color part of the tree if you wish to.

I hope this can help you.
Thanks for the illustration Daniel. That helps a lot. I've done a lotof graphics work, but am finding out how much I suck at coming up with anything that looks right. It's pretty frustrating actually. I have all the ideas and plans on what I want to do, but actually doing it is another story. Sad

Thanks again,

Dan

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

JWGriffinGCA wrote:
Dan, I agree with Daniel that Photoshop should make this pretty easy. You can also select areas by color (Select - Color Range...) and then click on the leaves for example, and you can also press the button with the + sign next to the eyedropper to keep clicking which will add to the selection. You can then do the adjustments like Daniel showed. That way you only adjust the leaves and not the trunk.

Or you can also do Image - Adjustments - Hue/Saturation and then click on the dropdown which is defaulted to Master - that allows you to select a specific color range to adjust (like Red, Yellow, or Green) and then drag the sliders to adjust as desired. It takes a bit of experimentation but it does provide good results if you keep at it. I've used it for textures but haven't messed with objects yet.

Of course you have to update the object image in your Object Library - see Lez video 46 for more details on object editing (and maybe 47 too).

John
Thanks for the tips John. Would make sense to use the eyedropper to match up some of the leaf shades with the top view I posted.

I'm totally lost at how to add them to my planting set properly. I've never done that before, so it looks like it's time to learn. Even though I have watched all of Lez' videos, there are still some things I've never done, especially with the object library. Again, thanks for the tips. I'll see what I can come up with.

I have another question. Do you know if we can add our own tree top views? For example, if I created a tree with yellow leaves, could I also create a yellow tree top to match it? TIA...

Best wishes,

Dan

Eddie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Hi Danny, it's a very simple process to add trees and you can make your own top view but there are fall top views already available in APCD. I'd highly recommend that.

Here's some trees to alter. I believe they are original TGAs from APCD.
I do have other sets, med trees, small tress etc but here are Tall Trees.

If people want other sets I can upload them , let me know.. I'd like to give credit to the person that gave them to me but considering the dates of the files I can't remember.

Download-https://nofile.io/f/zNSKGtSjmUG

Danny D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
Hi Danny, it's a very simple process to add trees and you can make your own top view but there are fall top views already available in APCD. I'd highly recommend that.

Here's some trees to alter. I believe they are original TGAs from APCD.
I do have other sets, med trees, small tress etc but here are Tall Trees.

If people want other sets I can upload them , let me know.. I'd like to give credit to the person that gave them to me but considering the dates of the files I can't remember.

Download-https://nofile.io/f/zNSKGtSjmUG

Thanks Eddie, much appreciated! I'll download these and take a look. From the looks of this course, I don't think it has any pines or fir trees. Or at least I've not noticed any yet, other than bushes I shrubs around the clubhouse. Looks like mostly full leafy-type trees.

Thanks again, Cheers

Dan

Eddie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Hi Danny, I uploaded some medium trees as well that are from APCD files.

https://nofile.io/f/jq88yzsndOa/medtree.zip

An additional method you could use is the import 2D from course tool in APCD, if you see a 'bushy' tree on a course you like, import it and the TGA file will show up in your TGAs folder located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Arnold Palmer Course Designer 1.5\Object\TGAs

From that point you can grab the TGA file and manipulate it to your liking and import it as a new object when you're alterations are complete.
* I wouldn't advise to manipulate and save without reimporting as a new object because it may corrupt APCD.

Danny D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Looking for Fall Colored Trees... Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
Hi Danny, I uploaded some medium trees as well that are from APCD files.

https://nofile.io/f/jq88yzsndOa/medtree.zip

An additional method you could use is the import 2D from course tool in APCD, if you see a 'bushy' tree on a course you like, import it and the TGA file will show up in your TGAs folder located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Arnold Palmer Course Designer 1.5\Object\TGAs

From that point you can grab the TGA file and manipulate it to your liking and import it as a new object when you're alterations are complete.
* I wouldn't advise to manipulate and save without re-importing as a new object because it may corrupt APCD.
Thanks Eddie. I'll keep that in mind. I still have a lot to go on building this course. Lots of 3D work to do, but so far things are progressing well. Thanks for the additional trees. I'll check them out. Thumb Up

Best wishes,

Dan

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Swing hard in case you hit it. - Dan Marino