Please support Links Corner    

Golf is a game that needlessly prolongs the lives of some of our most useless citizens. - Bob Hope
Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? View older topic :: View newer topic  
PFDogs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

I remember seeing an updated Congressional somewhere, although it may have been an APCD-Courses exclusive release. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, can you also confirm that it's still available via their Member Exclusives section?

Also, are there any member-exclusive courses at APCD-Courses that are not available here on Links Corner?

I don't want to spend the money on a subscription if they don't have any courses I need. Thank you!

pmgolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

You have a PM.

Pete

brooks2345

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

"Member Exclusives"? What's all this? Does this mean that there are some more Courses floating around out there that aren't freely available? If so, which ones? I don't want to waste time doing Courses only to find that someone else has been there before.

Cheers

John Brooks

mashie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

Augusta 2012, Congressional, Winged Foot West. There were others but some have since been made available.

PFDogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

John, APCD-courses.com is another Links site that requires a paid membership and was frequented by some prominent Links course designers. I know that they had released a few course designs exclusively to their paid members in the past. Congressional was the only one I knew about for sure, but as Mashie mentioned there were others. Thank you for the course design work you do. I really enjoyed my round at Salinas Fairways this morning. Great work by you and Sage!

Mashie, do you know if these courses are still available via paid membership? Is Augusta 2012 a worthy upgrade to the stellar 2009 edition? It's only 20 bucks, so I'm considering it.

Last edited by PFDogs on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

mashie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

PF I'm not a member there any more so I'm not sure if any of those are available. Check out the discussion here in the forum recently concerning Augusta 2010 and 2012. The 2012 version is probably more accurate with tee boxes and green contours. But it is missing trees on the left side of #10 which can impact the tee shot. It also has only 4-5 pins planted on each green. I played it in the most recent tournament and for the most part the pins planted were pretty close to the actual pins used in the tournament.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

I'm a member at APCD-courses now and they do not have any of the exclusives available that they used to have.

Mashie, I don't recognize your name. What are some courses that you've done? You can name them in a PM if you want. (I have the courses)

Pete

mashie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
I'm a member at APCD-courses now and they do not have any of the exclusives available that they used to have.

Mashie, I don't recognize your name. What are some courses that you've done? You can name them in a PM if you want. (I have the courses)

Pete

I sent you a PM

Kevmire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

Also wondering about this course, or if it will eventually be uploaded here? I had a subscription to APCD as well and used to have the course. Difficult course I must say. I must have lost it when I had to reformat my computer. I can't seem to find it on any of my hard drives anymore ;-(

pmgolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Updated Congressional? APCD-Courses Exclusive? Reply with quote

Kevmire - you've got a PM.

Pete

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

These damn Axis weapons don't work! - Sgt Sneaky Bastage AKA Axe R.I.P.