Please support Links Corner    

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit. ~ Anon
Fresh Install View older topic :: View newer topic  
Charlie Collins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

Morning everyone.

Having once been an avid player of Links 2003 I've decided to get it out and play again [used to be on kisstours.com].

I notice folk are having some issues with installing it on newer machines so just wanted some advice before I install it as I might be wasting my time.

According to Belarc Advisor I'm running Windows 10 Pro [x64] with a 1.50 gigahertz Intel Celeron 1007U processor [2 core].

I am familiar with VirtualBox and wondered if this is an option.

Any help appreciated.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

I certainly would check out that Belarc Adviser. I don't see how you could be running Windows 10 on a computer that might have been okay with Windows 95.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Charlie Collins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

It is a different machine.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

Charlie Collins wrote:
It is a different machine.

I hope someone, who can help you, drops in. I am just having a slight problem understanding how many computers you are talking about. Good luck to you.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Charlie Collins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

Just the one, with the specs given. I played the game years ago on another pc, now I want to see if I can play it on a newer machine.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

Your biggest issue may be the graphics card.

If your PC uses an Intel Integrated Graphics system you could be in trouble.

If you peruse the Members Tech Forum here you will see plenty of posts about the issues involved in running Links on Windows 10.

Charlie Collins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

Thanks Andy,

I assume that I'll have the same trouble using Virtual Box and an older version of Windows.

I'll take a look over at the forum you mentioned

Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Fresh Install Reply with quote

There is no 3D acceleration in the Virtualbox that I am aware of, so I do not think Links would play in a Virtualbox

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I know I'm getting better at golf 'cos I'm hitting fewer spectators. - Pres. Gerald Ford