Please support Links Corner    

By the time you get to your ball, if you don't know what to do with it, try another sport. - Julius Boros
Links Course Profiles View older topic :: View newer topic  
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Links Course Profiles Reply with quote

I do not know how many people here still remember me or are still around this game - but from 2000 to 2016 i reviewed a huge number of APCD courses and wrote profiles of them on my website, ranking them in my own fashion.

I moved my server a year ago and also moved onto playing more board gaming, but i finally decided to resurrect all my old pages and put them back on my new server for those who still are interested in discovering some lost course gems.

So here is the site - it has not been added to since 2016 and the rankings are a little out of date but they still reflect what i thought when i was playing week in and week out.

I hope newcomers to the game will find it useful especially.

And hi to anyone who remembers me ... i am picking up my clubs again occasionally Smile

http://crusadersgames.co.uk/links-course-profiles

Last edited by Crusader on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Links Course Profiles Reply with quote

Good to see you drop back in, Crusader. Maybe a couple months ago, I clicked an old bookmark to your website and saw that you had removed all the Links content - and kind of sadly removed the bookmark from my favorites, as more and more of my Links bookmarks are no longer functional - so glad to see you've restored your Links stuff!

Hope you pick up your clubs a little more often! Thumb Up

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
crjones

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Links Course Profiles Reply with quote

Great to see you back - to join those of us still carrying around the dead carcass of Links 2003. Laugh

Always enjoyed your site back in the day. Nice to know its back.

gene_golf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Links Course Profiles Reply with quote

Crusader wrote: "So here is the site - it has not been added to since 2016 and the rankings are a little out of date but they still reflect what i thought when i was playing week in and week out." Definitely a few done by Glenn Braden were more recent than 2016 and deserve consideration against some of the older real courses that are listed as well as a couple done recently by C. R. Jones along with Scioto by Robert Moor that look as if they might be better than some of the older courses also. Some new member wrote in looking for recommended courses to download and play and this listing would have been useful for him to see as it was for me to download courses along with the top 250 user recommended courses list and Clip notes. Playing a course that was interesting made me think to look and see what other courses a designer might have also designed that I would sometimes then find interesting as well to download and play. Wish that Glenn Braden had not had computer issues causing him to quit designing. Although Oakmont beta done previously by Scott Lewin was good it had a few texture issues and Glenn could have worked magic by making greens have real elevations as he did with some of his other courses and then there was also Cypress Point lost that he had put some work into.

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Links Course Profiles Reply with quote

G'day David, good to hear from you mate.
Thumb Up

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky