Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.
Hazard and OOB Marker Posts View older topic :: View newer topic  
brooks2345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Hazard and OOB Marker Posts Reply with quote

Has anyone out there got object files for the yellow and red posts round hazards and white posts for OOB (or are they already available somewhere on Links Corner?)?

I've downloaded the object files from APCD 2001 but my Library Merge file has either gotten corrupted or isn't working properly. Either way, APCD 2003 doesn't seem to like the "Default" section of objects in any shape or form.

Cheers

John Brooks Unsure

Ian wells

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Hazard and OOB Marker Posts Reply with quote

John,
Harbour Town has a white marker and Pine Valley has a yellow marker. However they look to be of different designs.

Hope it helps.

Ian

crjones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Hazard and OOB Marker Posts Reply with quote

crjones

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Hazard and OOB Marker Posts Reply with quote

Given that:
1. You complained here recently that you asked for help and 80 people had viewed the topic but no-one had replied to you; and
2. You've asked for help 3 times recently on this forum and many folks have tried to help you out, but I then see nothing from you after your original plea for help

I notice that you only bother to say thank you when there is something else you need.

So let me say this:

Acceptable responses to my supply of your markers could have included any one of the following:
"Thanks"
"Thank you"
"Appreciated" or
"Cheers"

Including a nice emoticon along with it is optional John, but in Australia, we always enjoy "mate" added in somewhere there too. That would have been a nice touch of familiarity amongst a dwindling community of designers, so feel free to use it. Note: You don't have to use "mate" for the Brits or the American designers (I think those guys like the collegiate term "bud" or "buddy" instead)

Then I would respond again to you with one of the following:
'No problem John"
"Always happy to help out"
"Its my pleasure"
"Good luck with your design"
'Let me know if there's anything else you need"

I might use two of these if I am feeling particularly benevolent towards you on that day.

......not that we try to help out around here and then expect any gratitude of course.....

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

"Politeness costs you nothing Colin" (Colin's mother, Fremantle WA, circa 1974)

brooks2345

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Hazard and OOB Marker Posts Reply with quote

Hi Colin

THANKS MATE - I usually reply to say thanks when things work out (which up to now, with the exception of Daniel, they haven't), but up to today, I didn't know that your first name was Colin.

Yes, I know we got slaughtered in the Test Matches, but our one-day side is doing a bit better!

Seriously, my problems look to be all in connection with a disk version of Links 1.07. and APCD 2003 which looks like it's somehow gotten totally corrupted - strange thing is up to Christmas they all seem to working OK, but since then, I've had no end of problems.

My other excuse for not replying to everyone is that I've actually been playing golf (the real game) on semi-swamps in the UK (but now the rains have set in again).

Cheers and thanks again.

John Brooks

Blush

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers don't cry when they line up their fourth putt. - Anon