Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.
Computer Player with no club in hand View older topic :: View newer topic  
PinHi1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Just beginning to play my career season for 2018 and loaded up a computer player to play along with (player chosen by the career season program) and he can still play but you might say with an invisible club.
Maybe it is just certain players that are picked or all of them. Not sure until I advance in season. My regular AI players I play with outside of career season are fine - it`s just inside this career season.
Can this be corrected someway and if it is corrected will it interfere with playing this season. Just wondering if there is a quick fix. Thanks

Danny D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

PinHi1 wrote:
Just beginning to play my career season for 2018 and loaded up a computer player to play along with (player chosen by the career season program) and he can still play but you might say with an invisible club.
Maybe it is just certain players that are picked or all of them. Not sure until I advance in season. My regular AI players I play with outside of career season are fine - it`s just inside this career season.
Can this be corrected someway and if it is corrected will it interfere with playing this season. Just wondering if there is a quick fix. Thanks
That's a new one. Huh? I can't offer any help with your problem, but am wondering if you are using Windows 10...

Thanks,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

I've had this happen before, and it had to do with the club set I had chosen in the player Personality page (where you also choose your animation). Try using "Links Clubs". Apparently the game can't find the set of clubs you have chosen, so it gives you "none".

Pete

PinHi1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

I am on windows 8.1. The computer player is one that is picked - when you load up season and it asks if you want to play alone or with another player. If I play alone - no problem - I have my clubs and if I play with another - I have my clubs. It is the other player that does not have his club. I can play alone and everything is fine - just that sometimes it is nice to play with another active player. This players name was one I have heard of but would not pick myself. So I have not touched his computer player settings. I thank you guys for responding. I`ll keep looking. Smile

pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Is it too much trouble to check the Club Set your chosen player is using? You may not have his chosen Club Set in your sub-folder "Clubs" in your "PolyAni" folder. You know, I play along with other players too. I can only give you a suggestion for a solution - I can't do anything about you being so pig-headed that you won't even check it. Try another player! Wall Bash

PinHi1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Wow! Sorry you feel that way. I have no issues outside of my Career season - that's my tournament I am playing for 2018. All players I play with like clicking on (play golf) there is no problem. Only inside my career. If I was to change my player how would that solve my problem - since my player is fine. Would it not mess up the career somehow and I would have to start over -perhaps redo my career setup - 45 tournaments I think. That is the reason I am hesitant within career to make changes as it can make you start over. How can I make changes to a player not listed in my players list but chosen by the Season or career program. Can you understand I have no way of changing these players setting inside that tournament -and he is not listed on my players list. I have my player and tournaments working - so I can live with it because I just won`t play with an opponent within the Season. Thanks and sorry if this upset you - wasn`t my intention.

gene_golf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32377&highlight=invisible+clubs

Type in an issue and press search. This same issue comes up over and over it seems.

PinHi1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you gene - that's probably where the problem is as I did some renames for my clubs - and it no doubt was renamed as well. I have 43 different names of I3. Does anyone have the size of the real clubs.I3 as this will help me narrow down which I3 is the real one as I have a number of different sizes and more than a few of each size. I tried a few and still have no club but I am sure this is where the problem is. Thanks Smile

gene_golf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

From what pmgolf or Pete also wrote before it would seem that computer might pick ani to play against, but clubs seem to be limited to only using regular (Links Clubs). Here is what pmgolf or Pete wrote before about messing up standard file club set. Somehow the regular (Links Clubs) has been messed up with changes and are no longer available for computer to use, so have invisible clubs. There is an Invisi Guy ani and there was a way told where might set up invisible clubs on purpose.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:40 am Post subject: no clubs on screen
I've seen this, but its been a while. I remembering that I could only use 2 sets of clubs for some reason, "Clubs.l3" and "Links Clubs.l3". If I didn't use those names, the clubs wouldn't show up when the Ani uses them.. If I want to use "TM Rockets.l3" (Taylormade Rockets), I had to rename them either "Clubs.l3" or "Links Clubs.l3" in the Clubs subfolder of \Links 2003\Polyani\. Don't forget to rename the current Clubs.l3 or LinksClubs.l3 first to save them (I just added "old" before the name).
Pete

Charlie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

PinHi1 wrote:
Yes! Thank you gene - that's probably where the problem is as I did some renames for my clubs - and it no doubt was renamed as well. I have 43 different names of I3. Does anyone have the size of the real clubs.I3 as this will help me narrow down which I3 is the real one as I have a number of different sizes and more than a few of each size. I tried a few and still have no club but I am sure this is where the problem is. Thanks Smile

Size: 569 KB (583,012 bytes)

Size on Disk: 572 KB (585,728 bytes)

I would attach the file for you, but I see no option for attachments.

PinHi1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarity on golf ani - gene. I changed my player to the clubs.I3 and it made no difference to career - but I was in the middle of a tournament. Tried to change clothing as a test as well and that would not change in tournament as well - so it may not change during a tournament and I now am finished with that tournament. So I will see if the changes I made will take effect when I start the next tournament. Thank you Charlie for info on clubs.I3 as I confirmed by getting out my 2003 CD disk and opened it and copied that file into my Polyani file. Could not find a LinksClub.I3. Also an interesting point is that the file I copied from disk is CLUBS.L3 and followed by date 2002 and type L3 and then size 570KB. So it is different than all the others in that it is L3 rather than I3 as the others are.Thanks again for every ones help and I will let you how it all turns out.

Armand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

All of the files for club sets have an L3 extension. The l3 that most people see is a lower case L, not a 1 (one). If you name or rename the club files as .13 (one-three), the file becomes dead and useless in the game. I don't believe the case of the file extension matters, but I'm not certain.

The default club.l3 file can be downloaded here: http://ge.tt/873RssH2
You'll need to unrar (extract) the file before using it.

PinHi1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

Well I finished the tournament and gave my player the CLUB.L3 that I copied from my Links 2003 disk 1 and then played my second tournament and what changed was the other player still had no club when he was making his shot but he was holding his club when he was watching me play anywhere we were on the course. So might say I am halfway there. The CLUB.L3 file was the only file I could find on that disk. So I have copied all the Ani files from my 2003 to see if that would change anything in my next tournament as I had deleted Matt, Eric and some others from in game. Don`t know if that will help but won`t hurt to try. So now will wait until I start my next tournament. Thanks Armand for direction for .rar file - not sure what program needed to open to an .L3 file - probably not needed as I mentioned have copied it right off game disk. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. Forgot to mention all my other players have .l3 none have 13 so all is good that way and all play fine outside my season as I only play the one in my season and the opponent is chosen by computer depending on my position in standing - someone close to me in scoring. Not a big concern if I can`t get it to work like it should. Everything else works fine.

A big thank you to all the great designers and from others working behind the scenes to make this still a great game. Smile

PinHi1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Computer Player with no club in hand Reply with quote

The continuing saga of the man with no club -played first round of this new tournament and my playing buddy now has his clubs when hitting the ball but now when watching me play is not holding a club. Strange as it may seem. The change of clothes I gave my player before last tournament also took effect. So will live with this - end of story at least for time being. Yes
Thanks to everyone for helpful suggestions.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers don't cry when they line up their fourth putt. - Anon