Please support Links Corner    

I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them. - Harry Tofcano
Bad Data View older topic :: View newer topic  
derricksummers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

Dunno When I V&S it comes up with bad data in 281. I have searched several times through the course highlighting all the seams but I cant find seam 281or anything wrong with any of the seams regarding verts or textures missing
Is there a way of selecting seam 281 so that it shows up on the course so that it can be repaired ?
Thanks for any help

MrMoggie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

Derrick

Do you mean a mapping numbered 281?

Seams aren't numbered, are they?

Steve

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Bad data Reply with quote

Go to the "face" tab and click on the "Texture coordinate mapping" icon. Then click on select mapping and scroll to the 281 multiple and path textures. select the 281 multiple and delete it, do the same with the path and then redo the path and the multiple. You might want to relocate some of the verts to keep it from going bad again.......this process has worked for me.

derricksummers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

Thumb Up Yes I did mean mapping
Thanks Sage, when I first selected the mapping I could not delete it with the display still on the screen. Thats what confused me
I had to press O.K to clear the screen and then delete it.That worked fine it now V&S O.K
Just got the computer back from repair.Out of the blue when I tried to select any file everything started flashing and nothing worked ,also when I opened a program from the desktop icon if I selected a thumb nail it shot off to the right hand pic and would only select that one. When the pic came up it started jogging sideways untill it went off the screen.
If I went through the process of shutting down the screen went dim and everything froze,and to add insult to injury the last planting set I made as gone walk abouts, cant find it anywhere and the planting screen is just blank
Even the Technician said he had never come across that one before
Thanks for the replies

Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

derricksummers wrote:
Even the Technician said he had never come across that one before
Thanks for the replies

Sounds like something in the video section went tango uniform Erm

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
derricksummers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

Dunno Hi Danny
Do you mean VODOO Section,It must be something in my blood if it can go wrong it will. I could do a book on the things that have gone wrong with my computers
Getting it fixed is the only good news Ive had
The car failed its MOT
My new knee op as been cancelled
My bank manager says I must put in before I can draw out
And the last straw ,the wife as threatened to come back.
Sad Wall Bash

Ian wells

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Bad Data Reply with quote

It could be worse - your wife could come back. Fear

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.