Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card drivers... suggestions? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Beez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card drivers... suggestions? Reply with quote

Despite the excellent help already offered here (and elsewhere), I am STILL having some difficulty getting Links 2K3 to run on my Dell Alienware laptop. I contacted Links Corner and they suggested that I ask if anyone has tried or could recommend a driver for my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card that you may have used to get the game to run.
Any help would be appreciated. I love this game... my laptop apparently does not. Help

No matter where you go, there you are...
gator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Alienware Reply with quote

It may not necessarily be your NVIDIA card. There have been several threads over the last few years with regard to Alienware PCs. Try this one for starters:
http://linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30766&highlight=alienware. If that doesn't work, search 'Alienware' here. There are at least 4 threads on the first page with Alienware issues in the title.

Max64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card drivers... suggestions? Reply with quote

Alienware computers appear related to the USB problem I recently found. 2 things to try, follow my stickied thread in this forum and physically try removing USB devices.

BUT, in your case, I think Alienware computers need to have the USB devices disabled in device manager. I've only scanned gators linked thread quickly but it appears that may be the fix offered there. I'm confident if you try these two things one may very well work.

Latsop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card drivers... suggestions? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a "gently used" M18X R2 with windows 7 64bit and Links would crash on startup. Follow BionicWolfs instructions. I was a little nervous, but I haven't noticed any problems with the laptop, and Links plays great! Clap

"I have Win 7 64bit on this rig and the USB input device I disable is found by selecting "devices and printers" from the start menu then right clicking the "computer/PC" icon and selecting "properties". Then select the "hardware" tab- I then scroll down to the "USB input device" (on my machine it's near the bottom of the list).
Then highlight the usb input device entry and select the "properties" button. Then select the "driver" tab and then the "disable" button. A warning window appears asking if you really want to disable the device. Click yes then wait a few seconds until windows makes the changes and then click the "OK" button. Upon clicking "ok" a final message appears asking you to reboot the PC. Reboot and then you should be able to start Links to apply all the patches."

BTW...if you still want to experiment with drivers, I like this site. I can't tell you what driver version I have (laptop not near), but I'll find out asap and let you know.

Guru 3D

Got my driver version for you...good luck!

Driver 9.18.13.3165 (NVidia)

They can because they think they can...Virgil
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon