Please support Links Corner    

Dear God, is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his golf words in the house? -Anita, age 7
How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

Hi guys...

I entered the hole handicaps into my hole preference info and when I tested it, I noticed they were reversed. Even numbers on front 9, and odd numbers on the back. I went back to the APCD and attempted to change them, but when I try to change any of them, it keeps telling me "That number is already in use" and won't let me change them. I also haven't found a way to delete them so I can re-enter them. Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Ian wells

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

Dan,
You keep posting questions that I know I should have been asking and never have done.
I haven't entered the handicaps yet to Wade Hampton and I am already worried about making a mistake Scared
It is the same with your question regarding the sounds I tried to add a waterfall sound to hole 3 and it didn't work so I deleted the sound and put it on the growing "To Do" list.

Hopefully you will receive the answers - for all our sakes.

Good luck.

Ian

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
Hi guys...

I entered the hole handicaps into my hole preference info and when I tested it, I noticed they were reversed. Even numbers on front 9, and odd numbers on the back. I went back to the APCD and attempted to change them, but when I try to change any of them, it keeps telling me "That number is already in use" and won't let me change them. I also haven't found a way to delete them so I can re-enter them. Am I missing something simple here?

Thanks,

Dan

You know that I know nothing about the APCD, pard, but can you change the numbers to numbers beyond 18? If you changed them all to some numbers that don't exist on a golf course, then you could change them back to 1-18 in the correct order?

Like I say, I have no clue if you can do that in the APCD.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Charlie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

I know less than nothing about the APCD program; but can you just delete all 18 hole handicaps and start over?

brooks2345

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

Dan - you need to assign the number 0 to any hole then it will work. Best to make a note of any holes where the stroke index remains the same so you don't change them.

Cheers

John Brooks
Yes

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: How Do I Delete or Change Handicap Assignments? Reply with quote

Whew, what a nightmare. I've had Rubiks Cubes that were easier to figure out than that process of shuffling those handicap numbers around . Wall Bash Somebody should create a "DELETE ALL" button to zero those thing out. Surrender

John Brooks, thanks bud. You turned on the little light in my head and it all made sense when you told me how to use the zero. I never even thought of trying it that way.

For those that are curious about how it's done. There is no way to delete the numbers once they are put in. All you can do is replace them with an UNUSED number from a drop-down list of numbers ranging from 0 to 18. That's a total of 19 numbers to choose from for handicap assignments. 18 for the scorecard, and a zero to use for clearing out the numbers that are already assigned. each number can only be used once. It can get quite complicated and confusing keeping track of the zero and getting them sorted out, but with a notepad and a little patience, and 3 cans of beer, and a hot dog, you can eventually get them sorted out. Laugh

Thanks for the tips everyone. (make that 4 cans of beer) Whistle

Dan Cheers

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Swing hard in case you hit it. - Dan Marino